Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Friends--Just Friends

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Friends--Just Friends
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In this forum, we see a lot of relationship issues, like cheating, backstabbing, atoning for bad decisions. We also see a lot of positive stuff about falling in love, moving on, and making things work.

What we don't see a lot of is posts about friendships. They're relationships too! I don't know about the rest of you, but I adore the time I spend with my two best friends. They are my heart and soul. We can spend ages apart, but when we come together, it's as if no time has passed at all.

We've stuck together through the good, the bad. High school, moving away, pregnancy, marriages, and deaths in the family. But I know that when I need them, they are but a phone call away.

So, here's a place for everyone. Share your favorite memory about your friends! Brag about how wonderful they are, and what a difference they have made in your life.

Share away!

------------------
Treat with respect the power you have to form an opinion--Marcus Aurelius

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emmajen
Activist
Member # 19913

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emmajen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My best friend is awesome! We've been friends for 10 years, and I have no idea what I'd do without him. It's amazing how well we click, even if we haven't talked for a while, if one of us calls it's like nothing has changed. He's always there for me, it's incredible. When my boyfriend and I broke up, I called him and he spent the day with me eating ice cream and holding me even though he should have been studying for exams. Still, when my bf and I got back together he couldn't have been happier for us. Friends are totally underappreciated, usually forgotten and taken for granted. But they shouldn't be. They are among the most important people in your lives!
Posts: 44 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ecofem
Activist
Member # 13388

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ecofem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What a great topic, DarkChild717! Hoorah for friends! I think that platonic friends are some of the best things in the world, because you can truly be yourself, laugh your a**es off, and be really close-- without worrying about the status/future/etc. of the friendship, as you might with a romantic relationship.

My friends and family are the most important thing in my life, whether it's about mutual support or just having fun. I recently moved to a new place where I'm in the process of making new friends. Therefore, I'm especially big on keeping in touch with old pals via email, phone calls, instant messager and --my favorite-- snail mail! Writing and getting a handwritten letter from a friend is definitely still a big thrill.

In high school, my best friend and I spent hours on the phone, helping each other get through what was a very difficult experience at times.

At college I loved sitting around with friends and chatting (and procrastinating) over homemade espresso at all hours of the day and night.

Now my favorite thing to do with friends is cook and eat a yummy meal together.

Posts: 3318 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poppybluefrogs
Activist
Member # 22137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for poppybluefrogs         Edit/Delete Post 
My best male friend, Alex and my female best friend, Kate, are the two best friends i could ever ever ever ask for!

I've known alex since we started high school five and a half years ago and now we're in the lower sixth form together (btw in england you start high school at 11) He's been there for me more times than i can count and he's picked me up off the floor on hundreds of occasions, literally sometimes. We might not see each other outside school a whole lot and sometimes we don't always go into detail about whats wrong but we don't even need to ask to know something is wrong. it's a natural instinct we have and to me that is so very important and shows just how close we've become over the last few years. He's like my brother now and i love him to bits.

As for Kate, she's my cousin and has known me all my life and it's just like with alex. she doesnt even need to ask to know if something's wrong even though she lives all the way on the other side of the country. She's one in a million.

Without those two i would be in pieces.

Posts: 228 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blueveggie
Activist
Member # 26508

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blueveggie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't have a whole ton of friends- through school changes and life in general I've grown away from a lot of my elementary/middle school friends.

One of my best friends is absolutely fantastic- I can talk to him about just about everything. My concerns about how his other friends treat him, how he acts around them.. everything. He's a totally fantastic guy. He's one of the few that I completely trust with just about everything- the first person I told about my epilepsy when I was diagnosed, the one I can completely vent to(even if it's him I'm pissed at), the one I can always count on. In turn I'm the person he can always come to and lean on.. he's the type to internalize a lot of things and somehow I can coax the problems out. (Of course then there's the side note that I like him more than a little.. yes he knows.. he makes life difficult for me sometimes though *lovestruck sigh*)

My other best friend just moved to another school so we don't see each other or talk a whole lot anymore unfortunately.. she's another one who I can be free around.

A good friend of mine has been to hell and back health-wise... we're on the same page with diseases (he had cancer and is a medical phenomena, had a liver transplant and doesn't take anti-rejection drugs- I have epilepsy) and can talk about the evils of repetitive doctors appts, docs with no empathy whatsoever, the endless 'blegh' and listlessness..

Friends are wonderful beings

Posts: 86 | From: southern CA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pumpkin_Pie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Pie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My friends are amazing.

I could call any of them up at any time of the day or night and they're there for me.

And they know I'd do the same.

Love them all the pieces.

I'd take a bullet for any one of them.

Posts: 896 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.