Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » the "long-time-no-see" situation

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: the "long-time-no-see" situation
Leni
Activist
Member # 9536

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leni     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, in September I was in Germany, visiting my sister and a friend of mine, who turned out to be much more than a friend at that time.

Whatever you want to call it, an encounter, a short romance, and adventure... it's up to you. Thing is, I developed feelings for him, and never knew whether he developed any for me for sure. The last day I was there he kept on holding me, pulling me close, telling me not to go, in sweet, rather than possessive way. And truth be told, I never felt so appreciated before.

Now it's been well, two months since I saw him, bit more, and we are meeting again on Friday, though it is just for that day. We've been in communication all the time, but it's been a while since we talked about what happened in September.

What do you do in a situation like this? How do you greet this person? Do you pretend nothing happened and do the costumary kiss on the cheek greeting even though you are dying to kiss that person for real? Do you hug him?

How do you bring up the obvious, that you have feelings for the person, something he already knows, and you would like to know what he feels for you?

Confusing... very confusing.

What would you do?

Love,
Leni

------------------
Что может быть даже похожей на меня не отыскать

That maybe even one similar to me cannot be found
-Origa, "Hana no Chiru Toki"

Posts: 114 | From: El Salvador, but living in London :) | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LoSt4NoW
Neophyte
Member # 16249

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LoSt4NoW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Even though I have never been in this situation. When you greet him just go with what he does. If he trys to kiss you like you want to kiss him then kiss him, if not then dont. Dont try to rush things and see what he wants. If he wants more than that is great. Dont forget that he will have to leave again. Just go with the flow, but dont get hurt. Hope this helps.
Posts: 35 | From: Decatur,IL,USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
watermongoose15
Activist
Member # 23441

Icon 1 posted      Profile for watermongoose15     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hang out with him just see where things go, i would say touching u and hugging u, pulling you close may be a hint at that he is interested in having a relationship with you. Just watch his hand motions and flirt? This is something more that you have to be there to give opinion about. Dont be Afraid to take charge, ask him on a date if ur not sure, dont be scared by societal standards most men, boys wte like women who take charge.
Good Luck
-Peace

Posts: 60 | From: Bonita, California, United States | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leni
Activist
Member # 9536

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leni     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks a lot

I'll see him in two days, I'm really looking forward to it Let's see how it all goes :P

Love,
Leni

------------------

Posts: 114 | From: El Salvador, but living in London :) | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, I think being genuine and earnest tends to pretty much always be the best approach.

Whatever feels natural to you, with a bit of feeling out what his approach seems to be, will likely be just fine.

And for the most part, it's hard to go wrong with a hug with anyone one hasn't seen in a while.

Posts: 67955 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leni
Activist
Member # 9536

Thank you for all your kind replies.

Sadly... we did not get to meet Our flight from London Heathrow to Germany were cancelled because of fog... and the next flight was fully booked, so we're not stopping in Munich anymore I'm very sad about it.

Maybe next year I can visit him in France, I just don't know when that will be.

People say you shouldn't expect too much or you'll be disappointed, but I told myself I'd rather be disappointed than blame myself for not having enough faith. Well, I am sad about it, but you can't control the weather, and if the plane was grounded because of fog, I won't complain, rather on the ground and safe than flying in the fog!

Oh, well. The only thing left to do is enjoy what one has, and when the next opportunity to meet him comes along, take it My feelings won't change just because it didn't work out this time ^__^

Thank you all

Love,
Leni

------------------

Ecofem
Activist
Member # 13388

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ecofem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry the meet-up didn't work out. But if you guys really, really want to see each other, there's no reason to settle for waiting until next year. Carriers like RyanAir and EasyJet have a lot of cheap flights from London (Luton, usually) to smaller airports in Germany, such as Frankfurt-Hahn (versus Frankfurt Main). If you buy far enough ahead of time (like a month or two) and during the off-season, you could easily land two 99cents flights that only cost around 30 Euros total, including tax. Not too bad for a fun weekend sometime in the near future.

[This message has been edited by Ecofem (edited 12-09-2005).]

Posts: 3318 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.