Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » people problems

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: people problems
babygirl88
Activist
Member # 9745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for babygirl88     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can't handle it when someone doesn't like me or is otherwise mean to me. I don't understand it. And it bothers me to no end. I've been trying so hard to overcome these feelings, but it can take me weeks to look the other way from a circumstance that hurts me.

I think my biggest problem is that I feel like this doesn't happen to anyone else. I try really hard to never be mean to anyone, yet I get it coming my way. And I don't see other people getting treated this way. And no one else seems to dwell on social problems like I do. This is what gets me depressed. And I've been trying so hard to fight it, but it's so hard.

I always feel like I'm doing something HORRIBLY wrong if someone doesn't want to get close with me or says something nasty to me even if they don't know me. I blame myself. When I got to this point, I used to cut myself but I haven't for five months. I still get the urge in these precise situations, but resist because I DO NOT want to travel down a path of self-hatred.

I really do love myself- It took some time for me to realize how great I really am, but now I see. I have made improvements- I speak up more nowadays, I stand up for myself, and I'm much better at conflict resolution.

But when those old situations get dug up.... Man. My emotions go straight to the pits. I immediately feel so poorly about myself that I literally start to shake (physically).

I wish I could overcome this!!

I hate it because some situation will come up to make me feel awful, and I'll dwell on it so much..... And then I'll see my friends or something and feel awesome to be so loved and to be with such wonderful people and I'll wonder why the heck I have to worry about everything so much because I really have no need to.

I haven't met anyone else who dwells on things as much as I do. It hurts, it really does. I can't remember being this way when I was a little, little girl, but I probably was. I know I've at least had this problem for the past 4 years. I used to worry a lot when I was little, but I think the feelings were mostly around my home situation because my mom abused me.

If anyone can share with me some useful/ suppportive advice, stories, coping methods, etc. I would REALLY appreciate it!!!!

Thanks!

------------------
"It's something
unpredictable
but in the end is right
i hope you had the
time of your life"

Posts: 150 | From: !USA! | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blue_angel
Neophyte
Member # 26225

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blue_angel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi..i was just like you..and tried too hard to impress evryone ang go out of my way to do that. but the truth is that you can please some people sometimes but you cant please evry one all the time...if you put yourself out there then they are very likely to take advantage of that fact and step all over you so dont do it . you are only hurting your self esteem because this happens to evry one.theres always some one some where who will not like you no matter what..but they are the ones with the issues not u.
Posts: 7 | From: i Live in A piNeapple under the seA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.