Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » will he love you when you are old and fat...help

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: will he love you when you are old and fat...help
Dus8or
Neophyte
Member # 9740

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dus8or     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am in a relationship with a guy right now who is my best friend. There are a few problems however. He is currently very far from me due to work and we have seen each other maybe a month out of the last four. We have been doing okay with that since we talk all the time on the phone or email, and he is always planning visits so I know he cares. He really loves me and is the first person I could actually see spending my life with however there are some problems. I am not used to "relationships", I have always just been close with guys, making out with whoever I wanted, but not getting too serious. I am used to being with someone when I want, and having a stable boyfriend who is far away none the less.. is hard. I am not saying I slept around, my boyfriend is my first actually, and that might be part of the problem too. The sex is fine, but I have never gotten off from it, and it makes me wonder how it would be with other people. It seems like it should be great, he can last for ages and he asks me what I want him to do and is focused on me. His penis is on the smaller side of all the guys I have come in contact with, which dissapointed me truthfully, but like I said I have not had experience in actual sex so I do not know how much of a difference it makes, or if any of the other guys I could have been with would pleasure me better. This is nothing I would leave him for of course, yet it frustrates me. The other day I "cuddled?" someone else. We were fully clothed, just nuzzling and touching and...grinding, I guess. I wouldn't let him kiss me yet he did once. It felt amazing to be held again in general(not that I have anything for this particular guy, at all.) After I didn't really feel guilty, it wasn't hugely sexual but it wasn't appropriate either. I miss being able to be close with guys, just holding and kissing. If my boyfriend was here all the time it would be different.I hope. I am worried about being with someone and losing that "feeling" you get before a first kiss or first touching someone. This guy is my best friend though, he treats me so well and I love treating him the same, we talk about everything, he will love me when I am old and wrinkly, but it is hard. Can someone give me advice?
Posts: 35 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The only advice i can give you is to decide, sooner rather than later, whether you're okay w/ a long distance relationship.

How would your current partner feel if he knew that you'd been snuggling and 'grinding' w/ another guy? Maybe he'd be fine w/ it; i don't know. I'm asking. This is something you need to consider. How would you feel if the roles were reversed?

It sounds to me like you're settling for this guy because you know he'll be there for you later on. Do you think this is fair to you? Dont you feel like you deserve better than settling? How would your partner feel knowing you were just 'settling', and not really happy?

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.