Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Mistakes Made

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mistakes Made
His_Lil_Angel
Activist
Member # 24041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for His_Lil_Angel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im not sure if this is the right place to write this .. but here goes ..
When I was about 13 (now am 15) I did something not many 13 year olds do... I masturbated on webcam to someone I met in a chatroom. Iíve never once regretted it! The problem is me and my mate got rather close one day and we told each other everything and I let slip that id done it.(this was when I was 14) She was fine with it. Then I told my best mate and I donít know why ! I suppose I trusted her in a way. She promised to never speak of it again. The next week I have people in my school making fun of me and everything. I speak to my friends and they say they didnít do anything, I later found they had been talking about it and a mate who has a big mouth told everyone. That was a lie. I never found out the real reason how everyone knew. I still donít know. It went on for a while with everyone speaking about it. It slowed down as the summer holiday passed. Am now back at school and I still get it .. I donít know what to do .. I had a phone call this afternoon during my Sunday lunch and my mobile was on loud n it was a private number and they just said it and i'm scared my mom and dad heard. I donít know what to do about it .. itís been going on for around a year now and am fed up. I try to ignore but its keeps coming back .. any help most appreciated.

Posts: 52 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Celtic Daisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't have any great words of wisdom I can give you unfortunatly. Once a secret is out there, there's really no way to put it back.
There really isn't a whole lot you can do but keep ignoring it and try to get passed it, which I know is probably not what you want to hear. Here's a thread about rumours that might let you know that at least you aren't the only one who's gone through this and you will eventually come through. http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum7/HTML/000294.html

------------------
Consciously Naive

Erin Jane
~Scarleteen Advocate~

Posts: 1747 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zander
Neophyte
Member # 23420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello His_Lil_Angel,

beleive it or not but the same thing happened to me and it never really stopped.
some VERY personal information got out about me and all of my friends heard of it, they hastled me for a long time, they stopped bugging me about it but everyone still knows and remembers it. i just ignored it, like you did. no one care about it now and they say nothing of it. they dont bug me anymore.
i hope you have the same luck.

Posts: 28 | From: Hamilton | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Codeô is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.