Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » I Got Nervous And Screwd Up

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I Got Nervous And Screwd Up
Rage
Neophyte
Member # 25511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Like I said in my post what now 2 my friend is recently single and i am in love with him. Well I kept getting sad talking to him and he kept asking why, and I didn't want to tell him why so I told him the story while making a few alterations like how long I have known him, age, and name. I called him Steve and he said it sounded like I wasn't in love with Steve, that it was just lust (which kinda crushed me) then he said maybe I should tell Steve how I feel. I told him I didn't want to ruin our friendship incase he didn't feel the same way, and he said friendship is very powerful and could with stand almost anything (which was very encouraging) and now I feel really bad for lying to him. I told him I would tell Steve, but then when he asked how it went I told him that Steve was gay and that I was heartbroken and that it as the worst feeling in the world. I can't stand the guilt and decided to tell him, so I said we needed to go out for coffee and that he had to prepare hmself. I plan on telling him about Steve and that I have feelings for him, but am a little scared. I understand that it needs to happen, but was thinking of waiting till he was a little less heartbroken. I can't stand the guilt though and my feelings are burning they need out. So I am looking for any advice on the matter.
Posts: 15 | From: Canada, British Columbia | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's a lot of drama here. That needs to be go immediately.

In this case, I think you're on the right track when you want to tell your friend what's really going on. You've invented a very elaborate story for him and the longer you let him believe those lies the harder it's going to be for him to trust you when you do tell him. Get everything out in the open, the sooner the better.

In the future it's probably best not to say anything at all if you can't be honest about how you feel.

Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.