Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » He's so nasty!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: He's so nasty!
Esmeraldah17
Neophyte
Member # 25876

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Esmeraldah17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My boyfriend is just a pig! He burps in front of me, he dosent have any manners.Like one time he bought me a cheeseburger, fries and a lemonade...I told him I was going to eat it once I got home ( since he wasent eating I felt uncomfertable to eat in front of him) so... I was just there sitting in the car and then the next thing you know he just gets my lemonade and starts to drink it! Then he started eating my fries without saying anything! I just dont like that you know and then he breath does smell and I am such a gum freak I always have to have gum with me cause I feel like my breath smells good but he dosent! I just dont know how to tell him and how to make him have more manners!
Posts: 16 | From: vista CA , USA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know, all humans creat gas. It has to exit somehow. Burping and farting are rather natural, and not something to really panic about.

He did buy the food for you, so he is entitled to a taste. You said you'd wait. Perhaps he should have asked, but again, that's nothing to really panic over.

If he truly has no manners, such as poor table manners and such, you can talk to him about it in a non-confrontational way.

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well,, if you want him to lcean up, act now. the longer you let it go, the uglier it gets and the harder it is to change. Personally, I don't think it's too much to ask that he have some manners. I'm a big fan of manners, actually. It makes society more pleasant.

Start by politely saying, "Excuse you," if he blasts gas like a neanderthal. Polite people excuse themselves, so if he asks, just tell him so. And next time he has a major etiquette violation, correct it immediately. don't wait to bring it up later because he'll either forget it, or think you've been dwelling way too long on it.

Offer him gum or mints. If he doesn't take the hint, offer again. It's not pleasant kissing someone with nasty breath.

And lastly, tell him you want to clean up just a little. Tell him you like and you care about him, but these things bother you, and it's not a huge deal to improve certain hygiene habits. But bear in mind, his uncouth behavior may be a sign that he's comfortable around you. Maybe too comfortable. That's not a bad thing. But some people deal with it by "letting themselves go" so to speak. Don't scare him into being unable to be himself. just take care of the major offenses and let the little things (like elbows on the table or pinkies and teacups) go 'cause they're not worth the fight.

------------------
LA County STD Hotline 1.800.758.0880
Toll free STD and clinic information, and condoms sent to your door for Los Angeles County residents.
1 in 3 sexually active people will be exposed to a STD by the time they turn 24.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ya
Neophyte
Member # 25957

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ya     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Create him.
Posts: 10 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ya,

Your posts here have been a little less than helpful. One liners like 'create him' don't really give us a lot of insight into what the heck it is you're talking about. It's frustrating. If you don't have time to write something we can understand, please refrain from responding at all.

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zander
Neophyte
Member # 23420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
( what the heck is "ya" talking about???)

well Esmeraldah17, like stated before, the longer you wait the harder it will be to break the habits he has. but if you dont like those habits then just tell him, dont let it build up inside you or you will probibly explode on him.
and i agree, gas is normal but, we as civilized people CAN say pardon me, or excuse me, or at least open a window and let some fresh air in when he lets one RIPP! because thats still rude.

Posts: 28 | From: Hamilton | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leni
Activist
Member # 9536

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leni     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Uh... I can understand you there girl!

The first boyfriend I had had absolutely no table manners. And it really made me angry! It was like, we're eating at the university cafeteria, with a whole bunch of napkins in front of him, and I tell him he's got something on his chin. You'd think he'd take one of the tons of napkins that were there... nop. Stick his tongue out, lick it off... it was just disgusting -_- or he would just start talking with his mouth full.

I started by offering napkins before I said anything, and sometimes he took the hint, sometimes he didn't. I was nice first about the eating with his mouth full, but he wouldn't listen, so when he did that, I ignored him. Or just said over to him *swallow*.

In time he sort of got it. I don't know how he's doing now after two and a half years.

Keep it up

Love,
Leni

------------------
dive into shine, even a deep darkness changes into shine, because i am believing the moment

Posts: 114 | From: El Salvador, but living in London :) | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.