Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Cheaters

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cheaters
Emerience
Neophyte
Member # 25920

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emerience     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay; Here's the thing,I'm 16 and I am still a VIRGIN and thats fine with me. But me and my boyfriend of 2 years (who is 19 almost 20) broke up about a month ago. He cheated on me with 2 of the girls who are better known as the easiest around. I dislike both girls and he just added fuel to the fire. I thought he would be faithful but I was warned that he was a cheater. I think its because I never had sex with him and I dont want my first time to be with someone I cant trust. I think of myself as better than that. Im known as the good girl;If only they new what is in my head. Do you think Im to young to have sex?
Posts: 3 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Before I start in, I just thought I'd let you know that the Age of Consent in Texas is 17, meaning if your boyfriend had sex with you, he would have been committing a crime. Though, considering he's a cheater, I think that's a moot point.

Do I think you're too young to have sex? It's not for me to say. It's for you to decide when you are ready. Legally, you can when you turn 17, but that doesn't mean you have to. If you boyfriend cannot respect that, than perhaps it's best you two are not together anymore. If he feels he needs to cheat instead of respecting you...well...I think you can find a guy that will fit all your qualifications and demand nothing sexual of you.

But one small thing--being a virgin doesn't necessarily make you *better* than someone who is not. The same is true on the flip side. The actions of the other girls leaves something to be desired, but they are not bad people because of their sexual activities.

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...as well?

Having sex with someone not only isn't going to be what inclines the to stick around, it's a really cruddy reason to have sex. Very few people are going to feel good about themselves by attempting to bribe a straying. lying lover with sex, and it's also very likely to equal pretty unfulfilling sex, emotionally and physically, for you if that's your primary motivation.

Why the heck would you want to cement yourself further to someone so dishonest as well as having sex with someone who not only isn't trustworthy, but who is likely to put you at heightened STI risks to boot?

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zander
Neophyte
Member # 23420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi Emerience

well it sounds like you have a problem, but if the guy was just going out with you, just to have sex with you then i think he should live in Texas. i dont know why people cheat, maybe its a primal instinct to perpetuate the spciese, or hes just unfaithful. but i know that no one deserves to be cheated on, not you, not anyone,
i dont think i could forgive him but thats up to you, as for the " too young to have sex"

that is also up to you, only wehn you are ready, and beleive me, make sure you are ready, dont preasur your self EVER.

i would have loved to stay a virgin longer.

Posts: 28 | From: Hamilton | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.