Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » How To Fix Things?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How To Fix Things?
mirmle
Neophyte
Member # 24533

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mirmle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alright, I've been dating this guy for almost half a year... I know it's not long, but I swear I am CRAZY in love with him!! He's 6 years older than me... putting us at 18, and 24 but he's just great! My parents used to hate him and say he was in it for sex, and forbade me to see him... Now they love him and talk about him all the time... Problem is he moved to Welland, for college, which is about an hour and a half drive from where I live... I go visit him on weekends and we still get along superly! But the other weekend i got upset over nothing and sent him an email telling him he was better off without me.. and he refused to accept that, he told me nothing changed between us, so i made the drive down and we talked... solved stuff and we're happy as usual... but the other night i was like "what do you want from us?" (it fit the conversation) and he was like " well I want to move in with you next year, but now i don't know if you're just going to randomly break up with me" and I feel horrible!! I dont knwo what to say i told him it wouldnt happen againa nd that i was confused, i'm sorry and i don't know what else to do... I asked him if he felt the same about me and he said "i think so, but need time to be sure" and i said "ouch" and he said "how do you think i felt when you broke up with me for nothing? don't ouch me" so i said "i don't know you never tell me how you feel, did you care?" and he said "sometimes you're all i care about" that was the end of our conversation... i'm just so confused what should I do? I love him.. I want him back with his faith in me restored...
Posts: 12 | From: Ingersoll | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celery
Activist
Member # 5594

Icon 1 posted      Profile for celery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Trust is not something that can just be given you, you have to earn it.
It seems apparent that he feels you broke the trust between you two when you broke up with him 'for no reason', and there's nothing you can do to change that except earn your trust back by not doing things to compromise it.

It may take a while to earn the trust back, but if you like this guy as much as you said you do, you should be willing to take the time to try and earn back the trust you lost, and eventually things will most likely go back to normal.

You said this happened the other weekend, so seriously give it time, and hopefully things will work our for the best.

Posts: 1000 | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.