Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » How to forget about her...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How to forget about her...
ForrestGump
Neophyte
Member # 25749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ForrestGump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everyone,

Well I need some advice. I met this girl two weeks ago today (friday), and she seemed totally cool. She was telling me the whole night that I was so cute, that I was so nice, that she was so into me, and all the good stuff. Went to some parties, back to her place, and well, we did it. Wasn't mind blowing or anything, and I pulled out within a couple minutes because I thought this girl was too drunk to be able to think straight. So anyways we parted ways Saturday afternoon, did our stuff that weekend, and I called her on Monday evening. Personally, if I had sex with someone, I wouldn't want to wait to hear from them for a long time, I don't know. So we talked monday night, she told me that she couldn't hang out with me that weekend at all because she had rush for her sorority, and couldn't at all that week because she 'had to go recruit girls at frat parties'. Kind of fishy I thought, but I said whatever. I let her be until Saturday night, and I gave her a call. Waited Saturday night, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and never heard from her. I got fed up with it, and, knowing what was happening but hoping to pull a miracle out, I called her again Thursday. Never called me back. So, I don't know if it was out of anger, sadness, or confusion, I sent her a text message voiceing my displeasure that she hadn't called me back for nearly two weeks. Again, out of confusion and yeah anger too, I then called her at 1 this morning. She was up, and I asked her finally, "did you get my phone calls?" She said that 1)She has been busy for two weeks, 2) Returning my phone calls is not high on her priority list, and I wasn't a high priority, 3)that my text message freaked her out (It got sent four times instead of once like I intended it to), and 4)She doesn't know if she wants to hang out with me anymore.

Now I know that the situation is screwed, and I have no shot at getting this girl right. But is it logical, at any stretch of the imagination, to believe that not calling a guy back for two weeks is 'acceptable' or that I should have an easy time living with that? For her saying that she liked me so much, it's unbelievable to think that she has been so busy for two weeks that she couldn't even give me a call.

So what do I do to ease myself of this stress? I mean, I like this girl, she seemed cool, but now she thinks I must be some weirdo or something. I know she is trying to give me the dodge, but something is making me hold out hope. My theory is that if you like someone enough, you can make time to call them.

What does everyone think about my deal?

Posts: 2 | From: California, US | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
platinumbbabi
Activist
Member # 23350

Icon 1 posted      Profile for platinumbbabi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're absolutely right when you say that if someone likes u they will make time. And what is this girl doing? She's using her schedule as an excuse to brush u off. Which isn't the most intelligent nor kind thing to do but this what you're dealing with. I don't see why it would be relevant to continue to give this girl your time when she obviously doesn't want it. So what you need to do now is just stop the calls and move on. Go to some parties, meet new people, occupy your time. And before you know it Miss Sorority will be out of your head in no time.
Posts: 50 | From: Brooklyn, New York, U.S. | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ForrestGump
Neophyte
Member # 25749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ForrestGump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, that's exactly what I figured. Her rationale that her schedule has kept her from calling me or expressing interest in me sounds, in my opinion, absurd.

It's just so weird...I mean she was so into me that whole weekend, and now...completely different...how do you explain that? Did I just get played?

Posts: 2 | From: California, US | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celery
Activist
Member # 5594

Icon 1 posted      Profile for celery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It sounds to me that she used you. Yeah it sucks because you liked her, but it sounds like she's really immature.

If she didn't return you're calls for 2 weeks and then told you she didn't want to hang out anymore, I guess that's a pretty good indicator that she used you. It sucks, but you just gotta move on, and eventually find someone cooler than her who won't totally blow you off like that.

Posts: 1000 | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.