Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » what to do

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: what to do
jakimboor
Activist
Member # 21385

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jakimboor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
a friend of mine has a friend who i really like. i want to get to know her and would really like to go out with her but i don`t really know what to do. i think it´s a bit awkward because it´s not as if i just meet someone knew and ask for her number. i think the best thing would be to tell my friend to tell her, though sometimes that sort of thing is not such a good idea, some think it's too rash or whatever. what do you think i could do?
Posts: 55 | From: South America | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ecofem
Activist
Member # 13388

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ecofem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not a big fan of things like "tell Bobby to tell Suzy to tell Sally that I like her" but I definitely think you could get your friend to help you out here. How about inviting both your friend and your friend's friend to hang out together sometime? Tell your friend that you're interested in his/her friend and want to get to know her better, and if s/he could ask her to come along. Then see how it goes and afterwards you could be like "this was fun and, [friend's friend of interest], I'd like to spend more time with you in the future, one-on-one, how 'bout ______?" Good luck

------------------
I was raised to be strong and hard/but if you touch me wrong/I fall apart/I found a woman who's soft but she's also hard/while I slept she nailed down my heart ~morphine~

Posts: 3318 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jakimboor
Activist
Member # 21385

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jakimboor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thank you for your comment... i think that´s a good way to go. I´m kinda doubtful about this because sometimos i feel that this person is a bit out of my league. I don´t know if you´ve ever had that feeling… i for one, am quite confident with girls but soimetimes there are some whom i feel are sort of different and a bit too much. I know that sounds really stupid, but maybe if anyone could comment on this...have you ever felt like this? What do you do you do to stop feeling that way and to reassure yourself? The thing is, and i know this sounds very high-school cliche, the girl i like is really “popular” and i´m not…i´m confident about myself but sometimos i feel we´re just too different and it would not work out….even though i know i like her….any post would be great thank you all
Posts: 55 | From: South America | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PERVasive
Activist
Member # 25065

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PERVasive     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Try not to focus on who her friends are so much, but instead on who she is. If you treat each other as people, rather than as representatives of a social group, then no one is "out of your league". Of course, you may find that you have little in common, but that could happen even in your own social group. Think of it this way: by dating outside your social circles, you are actually making your life easier, because you don't really have anything to lose if it doesn't work out. Good luck!

------------------
- PERVasive

"Don't let your schooling get in the way of your education." - Mark Twain

Posts: 64 | From: Boston, MA | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bianc89
Neophyte
Member # 25703

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bianc89     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by jakimboor:
a friend of mine has a friend who i really like. i want to get to know her and would really like to go out with her but i don`t really know what to do. i think it´s a bit awkward because it´s not as if i just meet someone knew and ask for her number. i think the best thing would be to tell my friend to tell her, though sometimes that sort of thing is not such a good idea, some think it's too rash or whatever. what do you think i could do?

I was in somewhat of a similiar situatin the best thing to do is to confront this girl yourself.Ya friend can help but its best if u say something to her first. trust me i rather have a guy to confront me than his friend

Posts: 1 | From: SI, Ny, USA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.