Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » All Over Agen ..

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: All Over Agen ..
Member # 24041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for His_Lil_Angel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i have this situation that keeps cropping up .. im with a boy and the boy i've liked for a long time finally sees he likes me .. im stuck .. the 1st time this happened i had to let the boy go that i'd liked for ages and stayed with my boyfriend .. now it's happening again but with different boys .. i don't know wether i should make the same decision again and face the consiquences again or take the chance of the other boy .. any help most appreciated
Posts: 52 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 24259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for a_total_disaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Of Course you probably already thought of this but its really what you need to do.

Think about what kind of person the boy who started liking you again is like....if he seems more right for you then go for it, but chances are if hes already left you once, hes not the right guy for you.

If the guy your with now seems to be totally in to you and you like him more, and hes a great guy, then you need to stay with him.

Sometimes its really hard to know when if its the right time to break it off with someone, especially if their totally into you.

Posts: 15 | From: Cabot | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One other thing to bear in mind is if that keeps happening, you may simply be committing to relationships too soon.

You know your mind isn't made up on people yet, and it seems clear you also know you'd like to play the field a bit. That's totally fine: in fact, it's sane to be dating more casually and without cementing a relationship for a while before you do so.

You might also want to consider taking a break from dating for a bit, period to get yourself out of the serial monogamy/nab-em-and-ditch-em-for-the-next-one-in-line cycle.

Heather Corinna
Editor & Founder
ST homepage ST blog about Heather & Scarleteen

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 23350

Icon 1 posted      Profile for platinumbbabi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Your post is really confusing but from what I can tell ur questioning whether you should stay with your current boyfriend because the guy uve had a crush on finally likes u back. Honestly if ur questioning your relationship to begin with then there's obviously somthing wrong there. I don't see why you should stretch urself bein with someone u don't really wanna be with.

As for the guy uve had a crush on. Why would u wanna be with someone who only notices u wen ur unavailable? I think u should just stay alone for awhile.

Posts: 50 | From: Brooklyn, New York, U.S. | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.