Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Why

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Why
LightbrownSugar124
Activist
Member # 7983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LightbrownSugar124     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My boyfriend and i have been going out for almost two years now i love him alot and we plan on staying together we always have a 3m onth year old lil boy but it seems that he is very insecure about things. He always thinks i am with another guy or want to talk to another guy and i tell him that i only want to be with him but he just won't shake the idea that i am. How can i show him that i only want to be with him i tell him but i guess thats not enough. He is very insecure because he has got his heartbroken before and he dosen't want to have that happen again but i told him that he is leaving in the past.
Posts: 63 | From: SouthCarolina | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
platinumbbabi
Activist
Member # 23350

Icon 1 posted      Profile for platinumbbabi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You both should go to therapy. Believe me when I say the problem he has isn't with you. So no matter how much you try to show him you care or no matter how much you try to reassure him it won't work because he doesn't wanna allow himself to believe you. Its just a defense he's put up so he won't get hurt again. He needs to learn to heal his wounds the right way and I'm sure your support would be just that extra push he needs.
Posts: 50 | From: Brooklyn, New York, U.S. | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobolink
Activist
Member # 1386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobolink         Edit/Delete Post 
from our sexpert and all around wise woman Gumdrop Girl

The following information was given to me by a classmate of mine who works extensively with battered women, but it all applies to both men and women.

Read ths following and if you check two or more on this list, you are in a relationship that is not safe for you.
Checklist
[] My partner is very jealous, gets jealous easily
[] My partner follows me around, checks up on me a lot
[] My partner tries to control how I dress or who I spend time with (friends, family, coworkers)
[] My partner yells, calls me names, puts me down
[] I hide things that I think would upset or anger my partner (phone numbers, letters, photos)
[] I am afraid to say no to sex
[] My partner threatens me, or has threatened me
[]My partner hits, throws or breaks things when angry
[] I am fraid to disagree with my partner
[] My partner has pushed, slapped, punched or otherwise hurt me
[]I feel like my partner's anger is my fault

And some links to check out if you think this applies to you and you need more help:
Break the Cycle - Empowering Youth to End Domestic Violence http://www.break-the-cycle.org/
National Coalition Against Domestic Violence http://www.webmerchant.com/ncadv

------------------
I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.

- Galileo

Posts: 3442 | From: Stirling, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.