Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » How can I help him?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How can I help him?
Dymes
Activist
Member # 23654

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dymes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well this monday My friend broke up with his girl of 1 year. She *liz* told him *bob* that she was going threw so much stress with the problems of her family. just arguments nothing big. and liz also said that she blames him for her to be different as in always in attitude, bad mouth etc.. she blamed him for everything and said that the family is one problem and he was another "bigger" problem. so bob told her to just fix her problems and to call him when ever she can or needs anything. but then two days later wednesday some of bob's friends also friends of hers. saw her making out with another guy and that guy being bob's friend aswell.. so i dont know how to talk to him about this. one of her friends told him that she read liz txt and the other guy and they were saying that they love each other and etc.. but she told him that the other guy is just using her just for the pleassure and that he talks to other females..so what can i tell him or how can i talk to liz on making her realize whats shes done is wrong. what was on her mind?
Posts: 119 | From: Chmblee,GA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cactus9
Activist
Member # 22679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cactus9     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it sounds like their relationship is over.

The scenario you painted sounds like the girl was tired of her relationship with Bob but could not muster up the will to break up with him.

Unless Bob and Liz are willing to get over it and actually try to work together, it's best to end it. This will save him grief later on.

Posts: 86 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dymes
Activist
Member # 23654

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dymes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No they did break up that was on monday, what im trying to say here. is that just two days after their break up she was seen with this other guy. and already saying they love each other etc.. and that guy is bob's friend. why would they do that both knowing that they are friends?.. i dont understand that whats the best thing bob can do here? confront them both? or just move on. it will be hard... for him
Posts: 119 | From: Chmblee,GA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cactus9
Activist
Member # 22679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cactus9     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, this is different then.

All I can really say is that Bob will have to move on in the end. It is all he can do. Whether or not keeping in contact with the friend is part of the moving on.

It's hard for us to tell what's really going on. The girl could be rebounding. Maybe she had an eye out for the new guy and decided she wasn't satisfied with the relationship, so she ended it.

Confronting them will do nothing, except drive Liz more towards the new guy. The best thing to do is to stay away from both people if at all possible. As cheesy as this saying goes, "Time heals all wounds."

As for you, be there for the poor guy. Break ups suck, especially for the person who still had more emotional attachment in the end. Even moreso when one person has all ready moved on.

Posts: 86 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.