Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » New Boyfriend/Drugs

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New Boyfriend/Drugs
luvinhp89
Activist
Member # 21227

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvinhp89     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My boyfriend and I have been dating about two weeks. I knew before we started dating that he had been involved with drugs and smoking in the past. He told me that he was trying to quit because he new that I didn't approve. For the past two weeks he has constantly told me that he hasn't done anything.

This morning I found out something completely different. I was standing with him in a group of his friends when somebody brought up that they had been doing drugs the day before. I asked him about it and he said that he had been getting stoned for the past week.

I feel awful. I can't believe he lied to me like that. Even though I would have been upset if he had told me himself, I would have felt a lot better knowing that he hadn't been lying to me.

I'm so confused. I care about him and I think he does want to quit but his friends all do drugs and he's with them a lot. He's admitted that he caves in to peer pressure really easily. However I can't help but think that if he really wanted to quit then he would - even if that meant not seeing his friends so much. I don't know what to do. Any advice?

Posts: 95 | From: Virginia | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The only advice I can give you is to be firm on where you stand. He won't quit unless he truly wants to, and removes all chances of relapsing from his life. This includes his friends, and he may not be willing to do that.

If he does choose to quit, he'll need support, and that will probably be you.

On the other hand, you've only got two weeks invested in this relationship. It's not too late to call it off, and find someone who fits the qualties you want in a partner, sans the drug issue.

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.