Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » I like old dudes!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I like old dudes!
Rage
Neophyte
Member # 25511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like older guys and it is freaking my friends out. I think Christopher Walken, Terrance Stamp, and Willem Dafoe (actors) is sexy. I also like my brothers co-worker who is 12 years older than me and I'm having pretty strong feelings for my TEACHER, he is exactly like me just male and a lot older. I just want to give my virginity to both of them. But their older? Any advice?
Posts: 15 | From: Canada, British Columbia | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
coolestdesignz
Activist
Member # 18028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for coolestdesignz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes.

Don't, for their sake. If they did anything with you, and someone found out, they would be in MAJOR trouble with the law. If you care, stay away.

Also, I don't think it's normal to feel attracted to... uh... help... Miz Scarlet... or someone?

Posts: 203 | From: Laguna Niguel, CA, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Everyone has preferences. Your preferences happen to side with the older side of our population.

You failed to mention your age, but you need to check with your local authorities as to what the age of consent is. If you are under it, they have the potential of being convicted as sex offenders. That's never a good thing

If you are, however, over the age of consent, I see nothing wrong with being attracted to an older man. Though, you might want to think about what an older man would see in a younger woman. That's not ment to offend, but sometimes the reasons aren't as innocent as they may seem.

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rage
Neophyte
Member # 25511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, I'm 17 and our consent age is 14. The reason I am attracted to these guys is because one is exactly like me and the other is what probably will be like someday. I guess I should probably stay away from my teacher till I graduate in June, but he is perfect for my needs and is exactly like me, if not better.
Posts: 15 | From: Canada, British Columbia | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobolink
Activist
Member # 1386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobolink         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, at 14 you can have sex with anyone else over the age of 14 in Canada. However, your teacher must not have sex with you. If found out, and it usually is, your teacher will loose his teaching certificate and may face criminal procedings and procedings in front of the teacher's union for highly unethical conduct.

------------------
I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.

- Galileo

Posts: 3442 | From: Stirling, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rage
Neophyte
Member # 25511

Even after I graduate?
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While I don't know if the legal ramifications still hold after graduation, the ethical ones still do. He was your teacher and there is no way his peers or supervisors will look well on him for dating former students.

It's simply not ethical for an adult, especially one in a postion of power or influence such as a teacher, to use his or her contact with teens as a dating pool. Imagine how parents will feel about their child taking a class with someone dating a former student not much older than their child?

Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And just an FYI?

Ethics and legality aside, it'd be pretty unlikely for your teacher to have the same sort of feelings about you, even some time down the road.

Generally, as an educator, your students sort of become frozen in your brain as the age they were when you taught them, so even ten years later in the game, what you're going to be seeing is the awkward kid who gawked at you in your class, not the adult they are now.

And for the most part, there's just no sexy there: when you're a teacher students are students, not dating fodder. And when you're a full-grown adult, with your head in the right place (for the most part, again), you just don't see your teenage students as sexual beings on par with where you are as an adult. Whether that's nature or nurture, that's just generally how it goes.

Posts: 68006 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.