Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » honesty or excuse making?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: honesty or excuse making?
graceisgone
Neophyte
Member # 18938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for graceisgone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yesterday, I was talking with the guy that I've been sort of dating for a little while about "us." We've been friends for a while, dated for about a month in April, then he left for three months...now we're in the same town but he's kind of...being a ladies man now....
Anywho, we were talking about our relationship in general and he randomly came out saying that he loves me and that dating me would require him to put his entire soul into our relationship and that he wasn't ready for that serious of a commitment. He then added that when he WAS ready for the big commitment (aka marriage...according to him) he knew that the only person he'd want to be with was me. All right, well body language and tone all seemed like he was being honest but when I told my roommates about our conversation they all said he was lying and it was all bull. Can a guy ever say he's not ready for a serious relationship and mean it? Or are my roomies right and is this all a farce?

Posts: 25 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd be more inclined to believe your feelings over this than your roommates ... You know this guy and you were there when the conversation went on. It IS entirely possible that he's just not ready for a committment right now, just like he said.

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.