Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » New Relationship Over in 2 Weeks!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New Relationship Over in 2 Weeks!
SoLongThursday
Neophyte
Member # 14494

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoLongThursday     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So I started seeing this kid Nick. We hit it off very well. After a month he asked me out, and of course I said yes. But not even 2 weeks into our relationship he wants to break up. At first he only wanted a girlfriend on the weekends, now he says doesnt want a relationship right now. He says I am the best girl he knows and he just wants to be friends. He said he wasnt promising to go back out or anything either. Last night, as we broke up, we spilled our guts to eachother. I said that I'm not over an ex boyfriend, I am but, I'm always going to love the kid. So he calls my ex and sets up a meeting point. So I go see my ex with this glimmer of hope Nick has given me, even though I knew my ex and I wouldnt work out again. And I was right.

It's so hard to be friends with him. I know it's been a short time but there is something there I dont want to let go of. But I dont know if it is stupid to wait around for something that might not happen. I think it is worth it though. He is an amazing guy. A bunch of us friends spent the night at another friends house last night too. After seeing my ex, I go to that friends house and Nick is there. We talk alot and I thank him for what he did even though it didnt work out because I got some closure. We talk for a few hours and we end up laying in the same bed together, and fall asleep. We didnt cuddle or anything just talked till we passed out. He said I could lay with him, and that he wanted to kiss me, but didnt want to lead me on (I guess if things dont work out later.)

Please give me some feedback on if I should stick it out with this amazing kid (even though I plan to) and torture myself in a way just being friends lol, or give it a rest. I want nothing but to be with him. And we're going to the homecoming dance together, and I dont want to make anything awkward for him by being affectionate. I always want to be affectionate with him now, but I dont because it would make things too hard for the both of us. Just feedback please! I'm going nuts.

Posts: 13 | From: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This one of the many reasons why DATING, rather than serial monogamy, is a Really Good Idea.

Committing to a relationship from the moment is starts just isn't wise: that's what dating for a while is for, to take the time to DECIDE if a more committed relationship should be pursued.

So, perhaps you and Nick can talk about that, especially since he's made it clear that he very much isn't comfortable getting serious so quickly.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor & Founder
ST homepage ST blog about Heather & Scarleteen

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.