Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » i'm such an outcast..

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: i'm such an outcast..
Mezmerize
Neophyte
Member # 25294

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mezmerize     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok. here is my situation. everyone at school thinks i'm soo quiet and that i never talk. some people can be really rude about it too, like say nasty stuff about me because they think i'm not gonna stand up for myself. but i don't know, it doesn't bother me that i'm quiet and when i have to stand my ground i will. i'm only quiet in school though. but outside of it, i'm very talkative, well i guess only with my good friends and family members.
but lately i've been turning guy crazy...like i don't know, i must like 10,000 different guys all at once. and it sux because i can't talk to them. like i want to and i plan to before i go to school to be like "okay..no problem...just say hi" but i can never do it!! and i'm not sure why either.
it really makes me sad though. sometimes i feel so lonely, like i juss wanna be loved (yes feel free to laugh, it may sound dorky, i laugh at myself alot). i've been told numerous times that i don't have to have a boyfriend. and i know that. but i fantasize alot about having one. like being kissed and hugged and juss stuff couples would do, ya know?
i'm not really sure where i'm going with this post..but i juss felt like i had to type it out and hope that someone knows how i'm feeling

Posts: 1 | From: pennsylvania | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's okay to be shy. And like you said, it's okay to be single. But from what you've written, you don't want to be either.

Does your school have a debate or speach team? Future Business Leaders of America? DECA? Or a theater program you can audition for?

Once, a long time ago, I too was shy. But I joined an organization that helped me learn to speak publically. I chose to involve myself in theater. After that, I found I could talk to anyone.

It's okay to want to feel loved. Perhaps if you join one of those school programs, one of these guys you like will also be involved. What a great icebreaker! "Hey. I'm having trouble with this. Can you help me?" There you go. No need to figure out what to talk about.

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FuzzyLightning
Neophyte
Member # 25363

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FuzzyLightning     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Mezmerize:
it really makes me sad though. sometimes i feel so lonely, like i juss wanna be loved (yes feel free to laugh, it may sound dorky, i laugh at myself alot).

Why laugh? It's only natural. There is nothing wrong with wanting to be loved.

About talking to guys, it really is as simple as walking up to someone, saying 'hi' and introducing yourself. If you never talk to a guy you like, you'll never know if they like you back. Though I must admit, talking to someone (especially someone you like) when you feel shy is difficult to do. The best thing you can do is keep reassuring yourself.

Posts: 3 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feefiefofemme
Activist
Member # 23917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feefiefofemme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think DarkChild's suggestion is a very good one. I'm rather shy myself (only around people I don't know very well. Once I warm up to people I can be quite the loudmouth) and theatre has really helped me to open up. I feel like when I'm up on stage I can get out of my shell without feeling too stupid, because I'm not exposing myself to the world, just exposing a character I've made part of myself. Then, if people like me the actor, I feel like I can reveal more about me the person without too much worry. So theatre is totally a good way to break out.
Posts: 406 | From: California | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.