Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » theres this guy....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: theres this guy....
Udontwanaknowme
Neophyte
Member # 25004

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Udontwanaknowme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok..theres this guy who i met at the begining of last school year...i got to really like him..i asked him if he liked me..he told me yes he did but he wanted to wait til he got to know me better and see how we worked out as friends first..well..then i started datin my ex again and blah blah blah and everything..but i was still good friends with the other guy..well my ex and i broke up...so after christmas break i told the first guy i really liked him again..but then he told me he liked me too but now we had become too good of friends to date...what the crap? well he is really good to me..we are really good friends...he is so sweet and such a good guy..i just dont understand..i dont really think he likes me...i dont know..what do yall think about all this crap?
Posts: 14 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gubblebum
Activist
Member # 15249

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gubblebum     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It sounds like he's already given you your answer: he doesn't want to enter a relationship with you. You can accept that or you can keep trying to get together with him, but if you choose the latter someone is going to get hurt. Everyone needs solid friendships, so maybe you should consider staying friends with him.
Posts: 213 | From: Spain | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Udontwanaknowme
Neophyte
Member # 25004

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Udontwanaknowme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yea maybe so...i just really like him..he is so awesome..but i guess that doesnt matter..thanks for the reply!
Posts: 14 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MichelleKay13
Neophyte
Member # 24819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MichelleKay13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, if you are such good friends maybe you can sit down and talk to him about it. Maybe you can just tell him that you've liked him for a really long time and you want to take the relationship further.

However, if he insists on 'no' don't push it. You have his friendship now and if you do push it, you might not even have that.

Good luck, it could be worth it.

------------------
~*~*~<3**MK**<3~*~*~

Posts: 16 | From: Anamosa, Iowa, USA | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smileygrl
Neophyte
Member # 21720

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smileygrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds familiar. When I started college two years ago, a good friend of mine introduced me to this amazing guy- funny, smart, kind, attractive, and so many other intangible qualities I always wanted in a guy. We got along so well and clicked immediately- and we were so similar! I fell for him, but he told me he just wanted to be friends, since he wouldnt be comfortable dating someone he barely knew. Well, we became best friends, and I shortly after started casually dating someone else. Things didn't work out with the other guy, and my friend was always there for me. After being best friends for 5 or 6 months, he realized he had very strong feelings for me and asked me out. We've been together for a year and a half now.

If it is meant to happen, it will. Some things just need time. However, if it doesn't work out (and I've been in that situation before), be content to have a great friend. Either it will happen or it won't- but you can't push it. If you do, you risk losing a great friend as well.

Posts: 29 | From: NY and Boston | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PERVasive
Activist
Member # 25065

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PERVasive     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with Michelle. I had a HUGE crush on one of my female friends two years ago, but I was really scared to ask her out because I didn't want to sacrifice the friendship. Ultimately I did ask her out, but she said no. I had so much invested in it that I couldn't get myself to talk to her about it. Now that I'm over her, I'm not that good friends with her anymore, probably because I never made myself talk to her. Talk to your friend about your feelings for him! You'll feel better in the long run if you do - trust me!

------------------
- PERVasive

"Don't let your schooling get in the way of your education." - Mark Twain

Posts: 64 | From: Boston, MA | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
watermongoose15
Activist
Member # 23441

Icon 1 posted      Profile for watermongoose15     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Udontwanaknowme:
yea maybe so...i just really like him..he is so awesome..but i guess that doesnt matter..thanks for the reply!

I am kind of in the same situation right now, in 8th grade me and this girl liked each other but didnt go out even though it was so obvious, 9th grade came and when homecoming time came i went with someone else which really hurt her because she was expecting me to ask her and for this i feel horrible. i moved on and now 10th grade is starting and i like her again but this time she doesnt like me and also i dont want to date even if she did because i wouldnt want to loose her as a friend after breaking up, im not the kind of person that becomes friends with their exs anyways the moral of my story is you cant forcce him into liking you he has the free will to do what he wants with his feelings like the previous person said talk it out with him

By the way for those with a myspace i have created a group just for scarleteen it would mean a lot if the moderators of this group joined to help with the boards on there and also help with publicizing this website

the link is http://groups.myspace.com/Scarleteen
if have any icons or pictures representing this group it would be great if you could add them

------------------

Posts: 60 | From: Bonita, California, United States | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
watermongoose15
Activist
Member # 23441

Icon 1 posted      Profile for watermongoose15     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
PoST: the group scarleteen has been closed down due to legal reasons
Posts: 60 | From: Bonita, California, United States | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
watermongoose15
Activist
Member # 23441

im sorry i meant the myspace group i created was shutdown due to legal reasons such as copyright which were pointed out to me by one of the board moderators thank you
Wanna Be in An Oasis242
Neophyte
Member # 25178

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wanna Be in An Oasis242     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think you should maybe give it time and let him think about everything. If he wants to be friends then you cant change his mind, just be as good as friends as you can be. Enjoy each others company and just have fun and talk to him about it some time. Tell him how you feel but try not to freaky him out at the same time.

Here to help.

Posts: 9 | From: nah | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.