Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » What to Say

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What to Say
His_Lil_Angel
Activist
Member # 24041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for His_Lil_Angel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well i have been talking to my friends about my ex (Of whom i really care for etc) and i need to tell him how i feel because he has been sending me mixed signals for a while now and they said i should phone him but i dont know what i could say id feel a bit of an idiot dong it but it has to be done because this is where it either starts or ends forever .. any help most appreciated ..x..
Posts: 52 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
weirdo_freak
Neophyte
Member # 24835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for weirdo_freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All I can say is that you need to tell him in person not over the phone. It shows that you are more of a person and shows that you care enough about him to be straight foward.
Posts: 8 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keitel
Neophyte
Member # 24820

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keitel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The one thing you've left out is how you actually feel about him.

If you want a relationship, look at what happened last time, where it went wrong, the strengths, the weeknesses and the quirks, look at what you should be trying to do differently next time.

If you do talk to him with the intention of getting back with him, be honest and open about your feelings, but tell him where you think last time could have gone better, apologise for anything on your lists which is your fault, mention anything you'd want him to do differently and then ask if he feels the same way.

This might be hard in person, but overall it's probably a good idea to keep it personal and face to face. Ideally, you should stand a little further away that you'd normally be comfortable with, as that will put a less confrontational or desperate tone to what you're saying (not that it is either, but we guys are notorious for reading social situations the wrong way).

Lay _all of your cards_ on the table, face up, declare what you have, then see what he's willing to put down.

Posts: 10 | From: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MichelleKay13
Neophyte
Member # 24819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MichelleKay13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, don't do it over the phone and definately don't have a friend tell him.

But what the others have left out is that not everyone can just do it. I understand becuase I'm seriously shy.

Anyway, my suggestion would be to talk to him a lot. Make casual conversation...in other words get to be his friend (if you aren't already). Anyway, once you get past that you'll be able to him how you feel simply because you'll feel more comfortable around him and he might be more interested in you after getting to be your friend (again?)

Sorry, that's my advice with the info I got.

<3 MK

Posts: 16 | From: Anamosa, Iowa, USA | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.