Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Wondering What To Do

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wondering What To Do
MichelleKay13
Neophyte
Member # 24819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MichelleKay13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey guys, I'm kind of new to this site - I think it's absolutely great. Anyway, to my problems that I'm sure you'll want to hear my blab about

Okay, there's this guy. I've liked for quite a while - about 7 months I guess. Well, since school ended I haven't had any contact with him, which I guess is normal - but I did call him a twice to invite him to two seperate parties with about a month in between. The first party I invited him to it seemled like he wanted to go but it was cancelled. A month later when I invited him to another one he never called me back - even to just say no. These weren't like really rowdy parties or anything - like 15 people would come over and we'd hang out. Me and my friends tend to have more fun that way - sorry, off topic. Anyway, I was a little miffed that he just blew me off. Since then (it's been about another month since that) I haven't talked to him or anything like that. I mean, we didn't raelly talk very much at school. He knew me - I knew him... we got along..etc. The last day of school we had a field trip to a theme park and him and his best friend and me and my best frined hung out and I thought him and I were really hitting it off - so you can imagine why I was miffed about him ignoring me. I thought he liked me. Okay, so - my problem... In a couple weeks we're starting school again - I really need to concentrate on school and stuff but I've invested a lot of time into this guy (7 months!) and I don't want to give up on it that easily. Could it be that since we didn't see each other we kind of grew apart or am I just making up excuses...

FYI - he knows that I like him and I'm sure that he used to like me (during school)...

Anyway, just some general advice (from guys and girls!) *sigh* o.O

<3 MK

------------------
~*~*~<3**MK**<3~*~*~

[This message has been edited by MichelleKay13 (edited 08-09-2005).]

Posts: 16 | From: Anamosa, Iowa, USA | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
idunno
Neophyte
Member # 17762

Icon 1 posted      Profile for idunno     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It sounds like you should just talk to him. Find out if he feels the same way as you. Hopefully the two of you feel the same and can get together so that you feel like you haven't 'wasted' 7 months. But if he doesn't feel the same than just take it as a learning experience to confront the person about your feelings prior to investing all the time. Good luck and hopefully everything turns out well
Posts: 17 | From: St. Catharines, ON, Canada | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MichelleKay13
Neophyte
Member # 24819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MichelleKay13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks - I don't think I'll feel like I've wasted the time...

You have to understand, however, that it's not really as simple as just walking up to him and say - "So you like me?"...

Unless you have no shame.

<3 MK

Posts: 16 | From: Anamosa, Iowa, USA | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MichelleKay13
Neophyte
Member # 24819

Which I do*
gubblebum
Activist
Member # 15249

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gubblebum     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you want to know where you stand, though, you might have to gather your courage and go for it. It sounds as if he might be holding back. There could be many reasons for this, but the only way you're going to find out the true reason is to ask him.

You could either wait until the school year starts and talk to him in person, or you could call him up now and try to get together soon.

Posts: 213 | From: Spain | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.