Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Insecure Friend...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Insecure Friend...
PuNkYeGg
Activist
Member # 21320

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PuNkYeGg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my freind....she always has goes at me and says i ditch her, i dont mean to but its as if im her only friend, which im not, i mean she never goes out unles im there, and its like she has to rely on me to be there every time she wants to go out....anyways, now shes started on the whole 'im so ugly' thing, shes like 'oh everyone loves you, your always the centre of attention' when im not, she says she feels so insecure and stuff, but shes so violent like the other day my boyfriend said to her 'ohh wont the rain make ur hair wet' and cause she was in a mood(not even with him) she totaly went mad and scratched him so hard he was bleeding, i really dunno what to do cause i dont wanna say the rong thing, she takes all her crap out on other people and it might get out of hand...please help cause i dunno what to do...
Posts: 97 | From: Uk | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
idunno
Neophyte
Member # 17762

Icon 1 posted      Profile for idunno     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It sounds like your friend has some problems of her own going on and its easier for her to take her emotions out on others rather than face them herself. I think the best thing to do would be to take some time to talk to her and find out what is really going on in her life. Also, you need to explain how her acting out makes you feel and how its impacting on your relationship with her.

It will probably be a little difficult to get her to open up but have some patience and remember that no one deserves to be physically hurt by any other person. I'd point that out to her in a way that she can't take as an attack, if possible.

Posts: 17 | From: St. Catharines, ON, Canada | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vlad1209
Neophyte
Member # 24725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vlad1209     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
wow this really sounds like your friend is dependent on you to tell her she is beutiful and theres nothing wrong with her.I think you should talk to her about this why she takes it soo personal.
Posts: 2 | From: sacramento Ca USA | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.