Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » boifriend problem

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: boifriend problem
sexy_diva
Neophyte
Member # 24438

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sexy_diva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,umm I would like to ask yall a question about my boifriend ok he tells me he loves me but when i ask him how does he feel about me he says I ask too many questions and then he said he can't open up to me like I want him to.And like 2 days ago I told him to call me when he knows what he want and how he feels about me.So wats his problem with tha questioning thing?And was I wrong for saying call me when u know?thank you plzz get back soon

------------------
Hi,this is Timeka

Posts: 15 | From: Macon,GA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JamsessionVT
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JamsessionVT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's the thing, you gotta lay out the trust factor in a relationship like this. Asking "how do you feel about me?" or "do you love me?" over and over when they've already told you is going to cause some annoyance. It's hard to open up to someone who is constantly questioning your feelings for them, because you completely lose that trust factor, not to mention it screams insecurity. I understand it can be very satisfying emotionally to hear your sweetie say "I really care about you" or "I love you" whenever you ask, but honestly, it can get very irritating.

So, why I understand why you said to call him, this is something you need to go to him about, not visa verca. It may be that he is irritated by your questioning, that he maybe feels you are forcing him to open up, or that he just doesn't feel the way you do. That's something we can't answer, you're going to have to go to him about that.

Posts: 3987 | From: Greater Burlington Area, Vermont | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gubblebum
Activist
Member # 15249

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gubblebum     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you need constant reassurance that he loves you, then maybe you should take a long look at yourself and your self-esteem before you get too emotionally involved in a relationship. Love yourself before you try to love others.
Posts: 213 | From: Spain | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.