Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Mr. Nice F-up

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mr. Nice F-up
Mr. Nice Guy
Neophyte
Member # 22882

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Nice Guy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's my story. Recently, about 2 days ago, a friend of mine, who also works with me, called me up to see what I was doing. She said she was going job hunting, so I decided I would take her, since I like spending time with her. Well, since it was extremely hot outside, and in my car(Florida/no AC) the heat automatically makes her mad. We go to Old Navy, then to Marshall's, then end up at Target, where her sister works. I walk in about 5 mins later, and start browsing around.

She calls me and asks me when I have to be at work, because the hiring process on the computer was going to take some time( a while) to get done. So, in my head, since the last time I went with a friend to fill out an application on the computer, it took an hour. Back to the story, I looked for her sister and told her sister to tell her, that I will be right back because I was going to go to someones house real quick to get his number. Upon me leaving, I was thinking that it would be smooth sailing on the way there. Sadly enough I got caught in traffic on the way to his house, not knowing that that she got done with the hiring process on the computer in 30mins.

I get to his house, get his number, and leave. Once I got back to Target, I had a feeling that she already left. So, first I decided to walk in and see if she or her sister was there. Couldn't find them. I walk back out and call her, and asked if she had already left, she then gave me the attitude reply of "yes." You can tell when a girl is disappointed in what you did when they start answering you in that way.

Anyways, a few more attitude-like yes's followed, then I asked her if they wanted to get a ride back, or taking the bus. I was something cut off, when she said they were taking the bus home. So I thought, cause I didn't think, but I could say a small little-funny-haha-joke, when then resulted in her saying "shut the **** up." After we hung up, I had no other choice but to kick myself for doing what i did. I called her the next day to talk and apologize, but she didn't pick up the phone.

So I called again, and decided that if she wasn't going to pick up the phone, I'd say my apology over her voicemail. One thing I should've realized is that, it's not a good idea to apologize to a girl when your firend is in the room, cause then, they'll start laughing at you. When he laughed, I ended up chuckling, but at the same time, I was serious about my apology. She called me back about 5 mins later, and asked if iwas willing to come into work late, I said yea. She then told me to hold on, and then said nevermind. I was like "but what were you going to say?" She again, said nevermind, in the attitude-like way. And I had no other choice but to say "alright," in a low tone.

I should've put this at the top of my post, but here's a little background on them. These are very independent females. They don't like to depend on any one for anything. They have no car. Only one(the youngest 16, to whom I want to remain friends with, has a permit). The oldest, 21, has no permit or car. they get around by the bus. I got her(16), her first bank account at my bank, since she needed one. Overall, it's been a long time since I've had a good female friend, and now that I ****ed up with this incidnet, I have a feeling that I loss this female friend.

What should I do? Should I just not call her for a few weeks and let it run over, or what?

Posts: 7 | From: Orlando, FL | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jewelgirl1
Neophyte
Member # 24178

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jewelgirl1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think you should call her again (with nobody else there) and explain the whole situation before apologizing again, seriously.
Posts: 23 | From: Falls Church, VA, United States | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Nice Guy
Neophyte
Member # 22882

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Nice Guy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I called today to see if she would pick up. She did, but she as getting her nails done, so I said if it was ok if I called her once she got done, she said "sure why not." After I hung up I knew off the back that "sure why not" meant "yea you can call back later, but it doesn't mean that I'm going to pick up the phone." I called back later knowing that she wasn't going to pick up and well....her friend picks up with a somewhat atitude, "hello." I asked who this was, and she replied with another attitude answer, followed by saying that she was in the shower. Pretty much, as soon as her friend picked up the phone, she had already put the nail in the coffin. So now, I'm just going to not bothher her any more and let her stick with this whole, independent-don't-need-a-man, thing.

[This message has been edited by Mr. Nice Guy (edited 07-14-2005).]

Posts: 7 | From: Orlando, FL | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Honestly, whatever mistake you made here didn't warrent her reaction. By any means.

I think you're doing the right thing ... Let her come to you. And if she doesn't, maybe you're better off. Who needs someone like that flipping out over something so minor?

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Nice Guy
Neophyte
Member # 22882

K....here's a foot-in-my-mouth, update. I come to find out, she wasn't mad.....at all. In fact, it didn't even bother her one bit. So now I feel like a jackass, because all before I posted this, I'm sure I must've called her atleast 8 times or more, leaving 2 messages of apologies and saying how I don't want to lose you as a friend, etc....and I come to fin out.....she wasn't bothered at all. I'm trying so hard to kick back my habit of calling any female once a day, or more in a whole day. I have a bad habit of doing it. It makes me seem...obsessvie. Obsessiveness isn't good. Anyways, that's my update.

Dymes
Activist
Member # 23654

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dymes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The girl was mad... okay she was never happy to begin with, she now must of reacted to her sences and figured it wasnt worth being mad anymore. so dont feel like a jack *** girls have a great mind and can fool guys .
Posts: 119 | From: Chmblee,GA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
girls have a great mind and can fool guys .

Oh for the love of cheese ... please stop your generalizing. You've done it here a lot and it needs to stop. Not all girls are out to fool guys ... Really, we're not. And i know quite a few guys who like to play headgames too. This isn't about gender.

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.