Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » i told my crush!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: i told my crush!
theophania
Neophyte
Member # 24226

Icon 1 posted      Profile for theophania     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
AHH

okay, there's this guy i'm kind of friends with. i'm totally totally utterly in love with him.

well, i finally told him that i like him. of course, his response sucked. he was like, "i think i'd have to get to know you better." whatever.

i don't know if i'll ever see him again so yeah..it kind of sucks.

i'm trying to put it behind me and get on with my life, but it's hard. he just seems SO awesome and i feel like i could never meet anyone as cool and special and weird as he is. i've still been thinking about him and that talk and being so close to him and..ugh.

but, this is the first time i've ever told anyone i like them, so i am proud of that. i just had to tell the world! (i'm 18, social anxiety, late bloomer.)

i'm happy that i told him and got it over with, but feeling heartbroken and depressed. it's a weird place to be. virtual support, please?

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
His_Lil_Angel
Activist
Member # 24041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for His_Lil_Angel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well dun
i wish i had the confidence to do that .. but being knocked back and so so is the way of life .. you win some .. you loose some u just have to keep trying and not let anyone stop you

Posts: 52 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why do you think you'll not see him again? College, or? There's no reason you can't try and get him to hang out with you more, go see a movie, get lunch sometime, just hang out for awhile and talk, that sort of thing. It can be intimidating, but I think you've already done the most difficult part in confessing your feelings.
Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theophania
Neophyte
Member # 24226

Icon 1 posted      Profile for theophania     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well, i was volunteering at a school/boys and girls club as a summer school tutor, and he kind of hangs out in the club to help there. summer school ended so i'm not going there anymore..

i'm not sure if he really wants to be friends with me anyway, because he never calls or emails me or acts very interested. and yet, he seems to love when i call or email him. (he's always asking why i haven't called/emailed lately. maybe he just enjoys the attention.)

so..i feel like if he's truly interested in being friends eventually he will make some contact with me. god knows i've made plenty with him in the time that i've known him. i feel that the ball is in his court now.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aoooch
Neophyte
Member # 19644

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aoooch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think that with guys, (I am a guy, even though I realise that doesn't mean I know what they're all thinking). Sorry anyway, I think with guys, if they like someone they will go for it straight away, I think that it is likely that he likes your attention and that's why he is happy to have you call him. But then what guy doesn't like girls calling him up? Especially when he knows they are after him??
So I would say that my guess is that for some reason (probably that he is an idiot) you are not his type. Which can be his loss. And remember you can pick and choose! If he shows no interest I genuinely don't think it is worth pursuing...

Posts: 17 | From: London | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.