Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Is this wrong?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is this wrong?
DS66
Neophyte
Member # 18995

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DS66     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One year ago, when I was dating my ex, I let him wear some of my jewelry. He kept it at his house, and we broke up while I was away (I go to boarding school). As far as I know, he still has the jewelry in question, and it was rather pricey. If I did not say he could have it, is it wrong of me to ask for it back? It has been a very long time since I have seen him, and this is the first opportunity to get it back.
Posts: 17 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would ask for it back ... A lot of people who go through breakups do a swap of things that belong to the other person.

The worst he can do is say no, and you can 'cross that bridge when you get to it'.

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DS66
Neophyte
Member # 18995

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DS66     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm just worried because its been such a long time and he might think its his right to keep them(he's not the most reasonable person on the planet). Thank you for the reassurance!
Posts: 17 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenna D.
Activist
Member # 18964

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jenna D.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just did the Exes Returning Each Other's Things Ceremony yesterday. We also broke up while I was away and I made damn sure I was getting my stuff back. It took a while for us to set up a time to do the exchange but we did. Drop him a line saying you'd like it back, and if you have anything of his you'd like to return, mention that too and propose a time/place for the swap.
Posts: 72 | From: Scarborough, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.