Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » dating younger guys

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: dating younger guys
babygirl88
Activist
Member # 9745

Icon 11 posted      Profile for babygirl88     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahh I have feelings for a boy who is three years younger than me. Next year, I will be a HS Senior and he will be a Freshman. I know this isn't socially "acceptable", but should I really care, if we were thinking about dating? He really likes me and I'm thinking it's mutual ... He is surprisingly mature for his age, in multiple respects. It should be fine just as long as we feel comfortable with one another, right?
Society seems to think that it's fine and well for girls to date guys who are considerably older than them, but it is rare to see the opposite because it has somehow been deemed "not okay"-- at least it has been this way in my experience. Not sure if I should pay any heed to this, because these are my feelings, and I'm secure with them, so it shouldn't be anyone else's concern, right? Lol

Thanks

------------------
"It's something
unpredictable
but in the end is right
i hope you had the
time of your life"

Posts: 150 | From: !USA! | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
insomniac242424
Activist
Member # 21965

Icon 10 posted      Profile for insomniac242424     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's perfectly fine to date someone younger than you. My sister is dating someone two years younger than her and their relationship is fine. You shouldn't care what other people think about this. It's your relationship and your decision.

Good Luck

Posts: 52 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenna D.
Activist
Member # 18964

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Jenna D.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Acceptable scmeptable. Go for it.
Posts: 72 | From: Scarborough, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
agar
Neophyte
Member # 23274

Icon 10 posted      Profile for agar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Absolutely go for it! I'm dating a younger guy. I am a little bit more mature than him. But I can also be as immature as he is. And by immature I don't mean, playing silly games, I mean like, when we talk, we talk about silly things, TOGETHER. We totally get along. When he and I are together, we are on the same level. Even when we're with our friends (we share the same friends), we are both immature-ish, but we are that way, TOGETHER. As long as you like him, he likes you, and you're ok with the thought of being together, GO FOR IT!

------------------
I want to tell the world, but I can't.

Posts: 11 | From: Dixon, CA, USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
morganlh85
Activist
Member # 785

Icon 10 posted      Profile for morganlh85     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, I wouldn't do it, but whatever floats your boat. Just keep in mind that come time to move out for college, tenth grade guys aren't exactly the long-distance relationship type, so you might now plan on a long-term thing.
Posts: 304 | From: Pittsburgh PA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.