Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » ex boyfriend

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ex boyfriend
Ms Mouse
Neophyte
Member # 21680

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ms Mouse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok... this may make me sound really pethetic but here goes. Me and my first love broke up a year ago April 28th. We went out for about a year. I have never really got over him and I really don't know why. We quit speaking there for a while and seeing each other out was like seeing a stranger and we kept our distance, like we would stay on opposite sides of the store. I see his mother all the time now and she is always talking about the past. I have a worderful boyfriend of 7 months now but... well I just don't know. I guy that I was going out with is kinda that guy that you want to run into just to know what he's up to but you don't just go talk to. We go to school together and he just recently (well on and off for about a month now) started waving to me and trying to get my attention at lunch. Not always but just when I guess he's in that kinda mood. Well I graduate in like 20 days and I know that I don't want to end on the terms we were in (are still in)... I don't know. I don't understand what he is doing... I don't know if he wants to be friends or if he's just playing some sort of game. He hasn't been with anyone since me and he's not the kinda guy that would just mess with someone for a laugh. Any advice on what I should do about him or not do would be really helpful. I just needed to tell someone what I thought that didn't know me. Thanx!!
Posts: 9 | From: United States | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sinfull cinderella
Neophyte
Member # 23242

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sinfull cinderella     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i think i know what you're going through. my boyfriend, who also happen to be my first love broke up with me and i was devistated. we would ignore each other because it was hard for me to see him and know that he was no longer mine. anyways, we finally started talking again and he seemed really nterested in getting back together, the only problem was that i was already in another relationship. he would hint at me , well the thing is that the only reason he wanted me was because i felt forbidden to him. i'm not asying that's the case with you, but you might want to give it some thought from that angle. . .
Posts: 6 | From: stockton,CA,usa | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenna D.
Activist
Member # 18964

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jenna D.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Perhaps he feels he's moved on? After a breakup, well, you know what a mess of feelings you can get. While sorting out those feelings it's fine to keep your distance. Maybe he's done sorting through things and would like you to be on better terms, to not have any bitterness between the two of you - as you say, you're graduating soon. There's no harm in waving back or saying hello to him. You can be polite and friendly to your ex, just make sure that if he seems to be trying to 'win you back', that you tell him straight-up you have a boyfriend and you're happy, and that you don't want to get back together with him.
Posts: 72 | From: Scarborough, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ms Mouse
Neophyte
Member # 21680

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ms Mouse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you... I think I'm just going to write him a letter and find out what he's up to... thanks again.
Posts: 9 | From: United States | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.