Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » He Cheated on His Girlfriend.........With ME!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: He Cheated on His Girlfriend.........With ME!
theothergirl_08
Neophyte
Member # 23097

Icon 1 posted      Profile for theothergirl_08     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a guy friend who I've been friends with for about two years. He got a girlfriend about two months ago. Before he got a girlfriend, we did serious flirting. Touching and Stuff. But we never took it farther than that. We stopped being close after about a year but we started hanging out again. Thats when I found out he had a gf. He came over my house and it was just me and him. We were hangin when he pushed me to the bed. Since I wanted it, I didn't stop it. We went all the way and ever since, he's been treating his gf like **** . He even spent valentines day with me. She doesn't know that we have been hangin out so she came up to me crying and said "Can you talk to him, I know you guys were so close" I feel bad now cause I'm the reason she feels like this, but I don't want to give him up because I love the way he treats me. I really don't know what to do. Should I ask him to dump her and put her out of her misery, or leave him and tell him to treat her better?
Posts: 1 | From: Los,Angeles,Ca, USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheCagedOne
Activist
Member # 3746

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheCagedOne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's the thing...honesty is always gonna be the best route. If you want to stay with this guy, he's going to have to break it off with the other girl. It sounds like you and this other girl know each other a bit, so I would suggest being honest with her about the whole thing to.

I think that there are some other things you need to think about here as well. First, you knew that he was seeing someone and you still had sex with him. That's really just not cool. Not trying to judge you, but you might want to think about it. Second, he was willing to cheat on his girlfried. That's not really a quality a lot of people are looking for in a partner.

So, give it some thought. But be honest with yourself, with him, and with this other girl.

------------------
"Practice safe Hex, stop the spread of computer viruses today!"

Posts: 52 | From: Usually somewhere between MI & FL - currently KY | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cannotacceptwhatsnatural
Neophyte
Member # 23082

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cannotacceptwhatsnatural     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In my pinion your friend has to make things clear.
You could just ask him to take the initative to do it,rather than 'requiring' to dump her.If he wants you,there is no point in having another girlfriend and treat her like this and their short relationship makes things easier for him to handle.
On the other hand if he wants both of you(which seems unlikely according to what you've said) he should at least be frank about it,so you and the other girl decide what to do.
As for the second alternative(you dumping him)you should take into account how much you want him(except being flaterred by the way he treats you-only in case this happens)
and how the whole situation and his further behaviour will affect you.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
morganlh85
Activist
Member # 785

Icon 1 posted      Profile for morganlh85     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chances are if he was an ******* enough to do that sort of thing to his girlfriend, there's nothing stopping him from doing that to you. Past behavior predicts future behavior, once a cheater, always a cheater, you know the sayings. They are true. Obviously this dude doesn't have enough class to be honest with his girlfriend or be up front with her about the problems in their relationship; I wouldn't expect much different out of him when it comes to you. So proceed with caution if you proceed at all.
Posts: 304 | From: Pittsburgh PA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.