Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » how to let him know i'm comfortable

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: how to let him know i'm comfortable
Member # 19118

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KayBell106     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I went to a party two days ago and met this guy who asked me out and everything is going well there, but when he came over today it seemed really awkward. I know I need to get to know him better, but I was wondering how can I let him know that I am comfortable with hium holding my hand and stuff like that? I talked to some of his friends who are also my friends and they say that he is really shy and is afraid of doing something I won't be ok with. I want to know how to clue him in without turning it into a VERY awkward conversation. Thanks!
Posts: 12 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michelle Ravel
Member # 21100

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michelle Ravel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You might want to consider taking his hand yourself. Then you don't have to say anything.
Posts: 51 | From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 22727

Icon 1 posted      Profile for strongandbeautiful     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
you can always turn to him, say something kinda funny then take old of both his hands while looking at him and talking in the cute sort of relaxed way, he'll know ur totally comfortable and cool and fun, he needs to be confident with girls, like you! He'll know that youre not the kind of girl thats high maintenance and rates a guy on wat he does or doesnt do. So dont be afraid of being spontaneos with this guy let him no its easy! Hope youre getting my :P Smile alot when talking to him to...
Posts: 11 | From: Ontario | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.