Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » friend and kissing

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: friend and kissing
aDifferentBrandofBaseball
Neophyte
Member # 19459

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aDifferentBrandofBaseball     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am unsure of where to put this post but I guess it could go here.

My best friend and her boyfriend always are making out in front of me. I have told her it makes me feel awkard, especially since I somewhat had feelings for her because we have kissed and done other stuff before too. She said she would stop doing that in front of me and said she understood where I was coming from. So tonight it was the three of us and she was like "Can I please kiss him". She said that right in front of him, but I didn't really care about that. And I told her she should already know the answer. So then she asked me again and I got mad and left.

Should i just let this go (which would be hard to do, cause we i did or ho have feelings for her)? Is she kind of being rude? If there was someone else there besides just me it wouldn't have been such a big deal. I just don't want someone making out when I'm just sitting there watching a movie. It's just awkard. I also think she could be addicted to that because that's all they do now when they're alone. That could be okay but I don't know.

Any feedback would be a lot of help. Thanks.

Posts: 7 | From: California | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
coolestdesignz
Activist
Member # 18028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for coolestdesignz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well... is it just you and them as a group?

If so, I'd say you're in a corner.

In any case, talk to her again. This time, be a little stronger about it.

Posts: 203 | From: Laguna Niguel, CA, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gloworm
Activist
Member # 7235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gloworm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i don't think you are being unreasonable at all in your request. now, if your friend and her boyfriend are just giving each other a quick peck or smooch or something, that is one thing. but i'm guessing you are bothered by their full on making out in front of you, right? it would make me uncomfortable as well.

i'm not big on pda- not for myself and not seeing other people engage in it. like i said, a quick smooch in front of others is one thing but playing tonsil hockey in close quarters with others is very likely to make others feel uncomfortable.

so.... what should you do?
well, you have already asked her to hold off while the three of you are hanging out. i think if you asked her and explained your position, then, as a good friend, she should respect your feelings. obviously she doesn't seem to think it is such a big deal.

so...if i were you, i would either leave when your friend and her bf start getting all touchy-feely or just tell her that you'd rather hang out with her when she's not with him.

Posts: 262 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barbarosa
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 19894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barbarosa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is easy. Find someone else to hang out with. Most couples should be able to keep their hands off each other long enough to interact with others, either singles or other couples. If they cannot, they should make an effort to find some quite time with better privacy.

If I were with a couple of friends that started making out I would either just leave and find something else to do (and some other more respectful friends to hang with) or say loudly “Hello, other person in the room here…would you like me to leave”. Of course if it is your house leavening is what the inconsiderate couple may need to do.

In a group setting, why stay around them anyway if all they want to do is make out? If they have found a quiet corner you probably need to vacate and find other more interactive companions, if they are in the middle of the room of a crowd of 20, let some other party goers tell them to get a room.

Posts: 380 | From: Up North, Wisconsin | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.