Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Kissing emotions?!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Kissing emotions?!
Pooky
Activist
Member # 20410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pooky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, so I just kissed someone for the first time tonight - my boyfriend of three months. I keep hearing all this hoopla about how its just fantastic, so I have a question. Are you supposed to feel some extreme emotion or something extra special when you kiss someone? Cause I didn't feel like "wow, this is incredible!", or at least not yet. Im just wondering, is the first kiss supposed to be extra spectacular? Or do they grow over time? thanks!
Posts: 48 | From: PA, USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
coolestdesignz
Activist
Member # 18028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for coolestdesignz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I dunno. I suppose who, why, and how might be important (as well as your surroundings).

I actually botched my first kiss -- it was more funny and jokey than anything else.

You shouldn't make any expectations of something like that. It will reveal itself quickly enough.

Posts: 203 | From: Laguna Niguel, CA, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King
Neophyte
Member # 21722

Icon 1 posted      Profile for King     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well i dont know about any one else but when i kiss my girl friend i feel nothing but love and i can feel it physicly aswell in my chest and it kind of tickles.... i guess it will depend on if you realt love him, but of coarse you probibly wont feel what i fell but you shoudl feel some thing good when you kiss.

hope i helped

Posts: 34 | From: Hamilton | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gubblebum
Activist
Member # 15249

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gubblebum     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's different for everyone, but physically I think don't think kisses are very different from one another. I think it's the meaning and emotion that you attach to them that makes them feel different. Often the first kiss is a big buildup for many people because they're very nervous and excited, but it is only a meeting of lips.

Were you very nervous? Were you ready?

However you felt about the kiss at the time probably affects how you feel, looking back on it. But it's not supposed to be any particular way, each kiss is individual.

For me, my first kiss (ever) wasn't very special because I wasn't very much into the guy I shared it with. But with my current beau, each kiss has been spectacular, from the first kiss to the 2000th. That's why I think it's the love behind the kiss that affects how I remember it.

Posts: 213 | From: Spain | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barbarosa
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 19894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barbarosa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First kisses are kind of like the first puff off a cigarette. Smokers that can remember the first deeply inhaled drag might wonder why they ever went and had another because it really makes you sick. Kissing is like that in how your initial expectations may be high, but the experience may prove to be a bit of a let down. If I can remember that far back, for me it may have been like the effects of tobacco also in that I was so nervous I may have been a bit queezy too. Happily I do not smoke anymore, but I certainly have not given up kissing.

In relationships, especially early on (and often later) we may be worrying about “am I kissing good” or “I wish he/she wouldn’t do that” or “Oh Gross”!, or “was that my parents…” These distractions can make the experience a little less than fireworks going off, if you know what I mean. And sometimes there just isn’t that chemistry, which can be a bummer.

I promise you this; under the right circumstances with the right person you will know the feeling when it hits. It is not hard to recognize. Sort of like all those other thoughts are not there and your brain, heart, and body just go “oh wow!” Personally I would say the experience is rather thrilling.

Hmm, that all sounded a little like I must be a romantic at heart, but I will let the statements stand.

Posts: 380 | From: Up North, Wisconsin | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pooky
Activist
Member # 20410

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Pooky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for all of your replies! Looking back on it, I feel fluttery and I think "wow...I can't believe that actually happened", and yes, I do love him very much, as we have been friends for a very long time. I definately feel chemistry, but I think it has to do with what Barbarosa said - theres always some kind of constant thought nagging in my head, like "I wonder what hes thinking" etc. But without distraction, all is well! Thanks!
Posts: 48 | From: PA, USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DixieG
Activist
Member # 21554

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DixieG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well the first time that i kissed someone, i wasn't dating him but i am going tobe truthfull. I got really turned on! I don't know if i am the only one but that is how i felt.
Posts: 51 | From: Bradenton, Florida US | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fairywings
Neophyte
Member # 18318

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fairywings     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my first kiss was so awkward! it was a peck on the lips when i was in grade 8. his lips were all chapped and i didn't want to keep kissing him!
my first kiss that lasted for more than a second was good at the time, although the guy was sort of my friend and it ended up ruining our relationship because it meant more to him than me. but it sure turned me on at the time!
the next "significant" kiss was my first with my current boyriend. i "made the first move" and it was his first kiss. very very wet and sloppy and all over the place! kind of gross actually.. but practice makes perfect! (trust me on that one.)
so how your first kiss makes you feel really doesn't mean that much in my opinion. its all about the other person.

Posts: 26 | From: Canada | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shadowdemon
Neophyte
Member # 21970

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shadowdemon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've lurked on this board sometime, but today I felt like registering and posting a comment.

I had my first kiss about an hour ago. I haven't stopped crying since. Not in a bad way, just in a nervous way. I can totally understand what the original poster of this message was feeling. It's so frightening, but amazing. Oh my gosh.

Posts: 1 | From: CA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
iloveyou03
Neophyte
Member # 21955

Icon 1 posted      Profile for iloveyou03     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i always hate first kisses with new guys. every guy kisses differently, & so u have to adjust to how they kiss. but when i kiss my boyfriend or a guy i really like, i get "butterflies" in my stomach. its like a nervous feeling, but i love it! whenever i kiss a guy that im not interested in, i dont really feel anything. i think its fun to kiss people, but its more fun to kiss people u really care about!
Posts: 5 | From: texas!!! | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pooky
Activist
Member # 20410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pooky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
okay, thanks so much for all your replies, again! Now I at least know that those initial feelings were normal, and its who you're with anyway that matters.
of_red_radiance
Neophyte
Member # 22420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for of_red_radiance     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I see this is quite an older post but I thought I'd voice my opinion.

I am 17 years old and will be 18 in 2 months. I have my first real boyfriend and got my first kiss back in November (after 2 weeks of being with him) I too heard that it was something to look forward to.

I was nervous and excited all at once. But the first kisses weren't entirely great, for onc because I was inexperienced and he was experienced.

Over time, the kisses got better. They went from just making out for fun (which we still do) to having some real emotion. They have all become enjoyable to me. The kind I love the most is when we're just staring into each others eyes and then there are eventually soft and sweet kisses that follow.

There's a lot you can tell about how a person is feeling judging by how they kiss you, so I've learned

Hope things are getting easier for you now.

Posts: 14 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SOMEBODY
Activist
Member # 17368

Icon 11 posted      Profile for SOMEBODY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lol.....the first time I kissed someone, it was nasty and I was like "YUCK! this is what kissing is?" because it was unexpected and I was going for his cheek and he went for my lips and he just slobbered all over me! YUCK!!! I was grossed out, but then after, it got WAY better and you just get used to it, and start feeling good. I guess you just have to get the hang of it and feel comfortable with each other.
Posts: 129 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pinkcutie90
Neophyte
Member # 20598

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pinkcutie90     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well wen i had my first kiss it was kind of special cuz its ya first kiss. it felt like i was on the top of the world....it mite not always b like that 4 every1..as long as u luv the person ya kissing n havin them luv u bak that just makes it that much special!!
Posts: 7 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
swimgirl
Neophyte
Member # 22665

Icon 1 posted      Profile for swimgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hated my first kiss I didn't really like the guy to begin with He basically just stuck his tongue in my mouth while I tried to figure out what all the fuss was about. I spent the next week try to clean my mouth I could just feel his tongue all the time
Posts: 4 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pooky
Activist
Member # 20410

haha yeah looking back on it first kisses are nothing compared to whats to come. Me and my boyfriend just broke up and he was my first kiss, and now I cant even comprehend kissing anyone else, or it even feeling the same way. Im sure its not true but its kinda...disturbing me. But I wonder, will kissing someone new be just like your first kiss all over again? Im excited yet reluctant to find out ; )

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.