Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Grumpy Ol' Lady

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Grumpy Ol' Lady
CMTFlovesHAH
Activist
Member # 12774

Icon 9 posted      Profile for CMTFlovesHAH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was at a retail store called 'Big Lots' with my fiancé. We were near the back of the store where the food items are, and I had just finished having an anxiety attack when I do I usually put my fiancé's hand up to my heart to feel how fast it was going. Then my fiancé kissed me on the cheek.

There was an old lady back there, I hardly even noticed her. She then turned to us and said, "Why don't you go home and do that." I was stunned. Then I just kinda stared at her in disbelief, then she remarked, "No one wants to see that." I wanted to cry. I take everything to heart.

I mean she could have thought that my fiancé was touching my breast, but my heart is not my boob. I thought that public displays of affection were okay to do in well, public places like we were at, at the time. I mean it wasn't even that big of a display.

Is she just a grumpy old lady, or were we wrong? Should I have said something? It just upset me. What would you have done I if happened to you? Thanks

------------------
"That'll put some marzipan in your pie plate, Bingo!" - Buffybot

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Posts: 76 | From: NC, USA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
babydoll86
Activist
Member # 16551

Icon 1 posted      Profile for babydoll86     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i say people need to mind their own business and if they can't handle something like that then w.e
old people are in a different time era- you know that. not a lot of them "do" pda of any type or they think it's gross or something and disrespectful or think you're having sex--
i do agree that making out and stuff like that in public aint right-- there's a time and a place for that. HOWEVER, i think a hug or a kiss or something like that should be no problem-- and if i'm in a relatonshiop with someone i'm gonna show pda because that's my significant other, not JUST my friend and people are going to have to get over it. I'm gonna put my arm around him and vice versa and share a quick smooch and hold hands and stuff.. u know.
I just think if people dont like it then they shouldn't pay attention to it-- they should mind their own business cuz they dont know the story behind it (like if you had an anxiety attack.. u know?) i dunno.. its a trivial subject.

Posts: 131 | From: IL., US | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.