Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » is it normal?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: is it normal?
venterelady
Neophyte
Member # 21286

Icon 5 posted      Profile for venterelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is it normal if your going out with someone and they think another girl is "pretty or hott" and then they tell you? With me my boyfriend tends to joke around A LOT!! about it and sometimes it makes me feel uncomfortable like he tells me if i say something and he doesnt like it he tells me " go to h#LL" which i get offended... and ive told him but he seems to forget, is it normal to have that in a relationship and him ALWAYS kidding or joking? i mean is it true... in every joking or kidding there is a truth behind it? or he brings up oh shes cute and im like cool and then hes like whats wrong and im like nothing.. then hes like you know i was kidding right? what do i respond to that? is that normal in a relationship... advice would be nice! thanks
Posts: 34 | From: USA | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Celtic Daisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think it's time that you sit down seriously with your boyfriend and tell him how uncomfortable you get when he says some of the things he says. If he's making you feel bad then you have to let him know and make sure that you're clear about.
You shouldn't have to feel uncomfortable or put down in a relationship.

------------------
Consciously Naive

Erin Jane
~Scarleteen Advocate~

Posts: 1747 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
besexybesussed
Neophyte
Member # 21885

Icon 1 posted      Profile for besexybesussed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
a boyfriend should love you, think you are gorgeous etc because you are his and he should be proud of that. If this is not the case i think you should ask him whats uop and speak your mind. Are you his first girlfriend - otherwise he may not know that his actions are actually ruining relationship because of his feelings for other girls. Good luck xxx
Posts: 5 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheackey
Neophyte
Member # 22223

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheackey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My bf ( soon to be ex I am breaking up with him) Is almost the exact same. Except he makes fun of me and himslef and the same as what your does. And after he says it he always says " You know i'm kiding right?" well usually he blurts these things out and you know that when you blurt something out its obviously the truth and he actually thinks that.

Just to let you know thats not the biggest reason i am breaking up with him. Mostly my own personaly reasons.

ok ok I am turing this into my own forum sry lol. But the always joking around it is annoying and i told him that. he says you know i'm kidding and then cotinues. it is really annoying. I cant get him to stop but thats him. maybe you couls ask him more thoroughly and be very serious with him while saying it. Maybe it will help

------------------
ALLI

Posts: 2 | From: Canada | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
babydoll86
Activist
Member # 16551

Icon 3 posted      Profile for babydoll86     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
fyi... it's normal to be attracted to and even look at members of the opposite sex in a relationshiop... as long as you don't touch (if that's what the rules are). I would probably try some of his own medicine on him. When you see a hot guy or actor or something... mention how hot he is and see his reaction to it. And then tell him how it makes you feel.

If it makes you feel uncomfortable when he says stuff like that then tell him. But know that it's okay to think someone else is attractive.

Posts: 131 | From: IL., US | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
babydoll86
Activist
Member # 16551

Icon 1 posted      Profile for babydoll86     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
oh yeah... and "go to hell" ain't acceptable when you're telling him how you feel-- i think you should be concerned about that as much as if not more than him looking at people. Because that is disrespect!
Posts: 131 | From: IL., US | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scorry
Neophyte
Member # 22208

Icon 1 posted      Profile for scorry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm, You should let him know how you feel.
Because, obviously if you dont do anything about it he might think you dont really care about it. And if he did care about you, then he would stop right away. So perhaps you should think about wether or not he is ok for you?

Posts: 22 | From: Everett | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
venterelady
Neophyte
Member # 21286

Icon 10 posted      Profile for venterelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanks guys for everything, i have talked to him and i have learned to play back... its fun anyways i appreciate all of your guys comments! thanks soo much
Posts: 34 | From: USA | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.