Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Valentine's Day!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Valentine's Day!
*transient
Activist
Member # 15989

Icon 12 posted      Profile for *transient     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Everyone,
Just wanted to know what's the sweetest thing anyone's done for you for Valentine's - or otherwise - and do any of you have any suggestions on stuff to do with you significant other for Valentine's Day? This is the first year I've had someone to celebrate with, and I want it to be good! Thanks!

Posts: 61 | From: ON Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wobblyheadedjane
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 11569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wobblyheadedjane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is the first year I'm looking forward to Valentine's Day too, but for a different reason altogether: a handful of girlfriends and I are going out to a posh restaurant for a lovely dinner, with lots of wine and good conversation.

To be honest, despite having a significant other for the past three Valentine's Day, I never made anything of it, aside from giving out Spongebob Squarepants cards and candy. Then again, I never celebrated anniverseries either, and from the Pet Names thread, you can tell I'm suitably anti-romance

Posts: 1679 | From: London, ON | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Valentines 2001. The first time EVER I had anyone to share it with. My SO showed up before school, all dressed up nice, with a short-stemmed rose. I felt on top of the world.

Of course, he unintentionally blew me off the following year. Some friend needed his help on something that was only supposed to be a few hours and lasted all dang day. I was very upset and I let him know it.

So I face this year with a bit of trepidation. I'd really just like to see him. As time has progressed, we've gotten busier schedules. We hardly see each other, since he's been working at The Boat Show. But we talk on the phone often enough.

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
th nicest Valentine's Day gift I've gotten was from my previous boyfriend. one day, he noticed I was staring at this Radiohead poster, a really cool art piece commissioned for a show Rh did at Slim's in SF (very small night club, 'The Bends' tour). Well, unbeknownst to me, he bought it and had it framed for me. It was gorgeous, and it surprised the heck out of me. That year, I got him an apron with his name embroidered on it and a heart-shaped baking dish. He's really into cooking.

This year, I thought I had plans for Valentine's Day with my new boyfriend, but we had to cancel.

------------------
"Young lady, in this house, we obey the laws of thermodynamics!" Homer Simpson

Love Scarleteen? By donating just $1, you can help keep us around.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
and i meant what i said earlier up until about 2 hours ago. i just received the loveliest valentine from my boyfriend. He and I can't be together for Valentine's Day, so he brought my gift early. It's a diamond sapphire butterfly on a white gold necklace. He said he bought it several years ago and has been waiting to give it to the right girl. Je suis aimé.

Interestingly enough, he used to do sex and health education demos (birds of a feather?) and while he was clearing out all his stuff, he gave me a box full of Astroglide samples and dental dams. The Astroglide is still good (no expiry date), but the dental dams are past prime. Any idea what i should do with the expired dental dams? they look kinda like lumpia wrappers.

------------------
"Young lady, in this house, we obey the laws of thermodynamics!" Homer Simpson

Love Scarleteen? By donating just $1, you can help keep us around.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
applet_jacks
Activist
Member # 10256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for applet_jacks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
An idea about the expired dental dams... it might sound odd, but keep them around if you, and i assume you do, talk to people about using them. When telling them about dental dams, it might prove helpful and make them comfortable with the idea of a dental dam if you unwrap one and show them what they are like. Kinda like before I had ever had sex I had played with condoms, stretching them and just getting used to them. Just because they are expired doesn't mean the idea won't be receive, just so long as no one tries to use them.

St. Valentine's day is lost on me right now, but the necklace, girl party and all sound swell. Have fun.

Posts: 47 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fools_2
Activist
Member # 16351

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fools_2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My parents sent me a card in the mailbox with MONEY!!!!!!!!
Posts: 61 | From: i come from a land down under | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
'tis the season...

------------------
LA County STD Hotline 1.800.758.0880
Toll free STD and clinic information, and condoms sent to your door for Los Angeles County residents.
1 in 3 sexually active people will be exposed to a STD by the time they turn 24.

playbunny
Neophyte
Member # 21781

Icon 1 posted      Profile for playbunny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
when i was fifteen someone actually proposed to me i had to say no because he was only 10

it was well sweet i even cried because valentines day is my birthday and i had a party he done it in the middle of the floor it was well sweet

Posts: 30 | From: england | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
summergoddess
Activist
Member # 11352

Icon 1 posted      Profile for summergoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For Valentine¡¦s Day

For the past three years: Isaiah has treated me to dinner, movie, and usually red roses as well.

Last year, I did a homemade love box with love coffetti, a message in a bottle with a letter, a scrapbook, and and a card. It took little over two weeks to do this. IT was worth it though. My honey loved it! ļ

This year, I¡¦m doing a letter, a poem in a hearty frame, and just a romantic card.

So that¡¦s that.

------------------
~Jules

Posts: 369 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LittleOneUSN
Activist
Member # 17486

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LittleOneUSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think last year was the best Valentine's Day ever for me.

The day before V-day I even made a toast with a bunch of my friends basically saying **** Valentine's day.

Who would of actually thought that same day I would meet someone and start dating them 2 days later.

The day after Valentine's day Dustin gave me a necklance with 9 diamonds in it. On Valentine's day I gave him a lolli pop and these japanese candies that look like nipples. Weird I know. But he still has them till this day.

This V-day will be celebrating out 1 year anniversary. Kind of sucks though. We won't probably get to see each other till about a week after it or 7 months. Don't know yet.

Posts: 95 | From: Liverpool, NY | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
domncroxd
Activist
Member # 20869

Icon 1 posted      Profile for domncroxd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my best friend (who's now my boyfriend) gave me a rose last Valentine's, and i was literally tickled pink because of that...it was so sweet! this year we're both getting couple rings, and just chilling out at his place. i'm a hopeless romantic, but i'm kinda more of the homely type - movies and dinner at home instead of going out so much, because i'm not that comfortable with people watching us, and also, being in the privacy of a room lets almost all inhibitions go! =)
Posts: 53 | From: Melbourne, Australi | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.