Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » why?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: why?
malcinator2000
Neophyte
Member # 19910

Icon 5 posted      Profile for malcinator2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
why is it whenever I have a female friend, i can kiss them, hug, them, touch them...but whenever i ask them to be my girlfriend after 2years they all turn me down and never talk to me again?

Posts: 10 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
coolestdesignz
Activist
Member # 18028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for coolestdesignz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good question. Try cornering them and talking to them?
Posts: 203 | From: Laguna Niguel, CA, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JamsessionVT
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JamsessionVT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It might be hard for people to answer this one, because you're not giving a lot of info here.

Maybe you could elaborate on a situation, explain what happened with one particular person. We don't know what's going on in their heads, and I doubt any of us have the means to find out, so if you could give us more info, maybe we could make an educated guess.

And coolest, cornering people and asking whats going on isn't the best method to find out information. Not only would it be quite uncomfortable, you could turn them away even more.

Posts: 3987 | From: Greater Burlington Area, Vermont | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrimsonCriminal
Activist
Member # 20650

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CrimsonCriminal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, you just fixed it in their heads that you're friends and maybe they can never see you as a boyfriend. Also, sadly, oftentimes nice guys finish last.
Posts: 105 | From: Australia | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smilee_kylie
Activist
Member # 20046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smilee_kylie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sometimes when you just hug, kiss, touch girls as friends, and then suddenly ask them out, they get confused because they thought they were just having a little fun and not serious interest. I suggest if you sincerely like a girl, save the kissing and touching for when you are officially together, it just avoids the confusion.
Posts: 58 | From: Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.