Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Date with a friend

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Date with a friend
Pooky
Activist
Member # 20410

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Pooky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, I posted a little while ago about my guy friend who Ive had feelings about for a few months. Even though I havent 'made a move' or asked him if he liked me, my guy friend and I are still hanging out around and after school. Some of my other friends keep telling me to do something because they think he likes me back, but its gotten to the point where I cant even see signs anymore, Im really paranoid. So here is where the problem starts.
My friends and I were planning on going out this friday, but none of them could go except my friend. We've never really been alone together for longer than 15 minutes, and now we're going to be together for a few hours. Im really anxious because I dont know whats going to happen, or if i should see how he feels about me. I really feel strongly about him and Im excited to be going, but I dont know where to begin when being around him sometimes. What should I do?

Posts: 48 | From: PA, USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Activist
Member # 18722

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 113533     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not exactly sure what you mean when you ask "What should I do?"

First of all, stop listening to your friends and what they say about him and you! It may be "embarassing" to ask him if he likes you, and you may not want to do that, but for goodness sakes, stop doing the "He said, she said". It never works, and more times than none, it just causes problems.

When you guys go out, just be yourself. Chances are if he is going to go with you, it must mean that he doesn't find you utterly repulsive . My take on this is that you are really just psyching yourself out. Many times it is easy to tell what others are thinking, simply by their presence and body language. Just go with the flow, and see what happens!

Posts: 169 | From: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smilee_kylie
Activist
Member # 20046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smilee_kylie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think this is an awesome oppurtunity for you guys to come closer as friends. I often go out with one of my guy friends alone, we have no feelings for each other, its just casual friendship and because of that it feels comfortable. But as said, just be yourself. If you feel uncomfortable, thats completely normal. You have feelings for this guy, a million thoughts and feelings will be rushing through your head. If he feels uncomfortable too, the chances are hes feeling the exact same ay you are. But yes, the best advice is to go with what feels right to YOU and not anyone else and be yourself! Afterwards, you'll be happy you went .
Posts: 58 | From: Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
coolestdesignz
Activist
Member # 18028

Icon 3 posted      Profile for coolestdesignz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's a neato thought that I posted somewhere before but might as well repeat:

How can you be someones GF/BF if you can't even be their friend? First, some of the best relationships are like intimate friendships. Next, isn't BF/GF way deeper than just friends?

If you think there might be something there, go for it, if you feel ready. It might turn out alright. No true friend would leave you if it didn't work out. I went out with someone once and it didn't work out very well. We are very good friends today.

Posts: 203 | From: Laguna Niguel, CA, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pooky
Activist
Member # 20410

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Pooky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thankyou everyone who posted! About an hour ago my friend told me he had feelings for me, and Im glad you guys helped me pull through the uncertainty i felt before. Bye

Posts: 48 | From: PA, USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.