Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » my boyfriend's acting weird

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: my boyfriend's acting weird
seraph393
Neophyte
Member # 14997

Icon 5 posted      Profile for seraph393     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, this past weekend my b/f and I went to 2 gay clubs this weekend with some friends of ours (both gay and straight). Friday night we were cool you know, he didn't have a problem with anything i was doing (dancing with my gay guy friends) and we went home and it was all cool. Saturday night we went out again, only this time he acted really weird towards me and everyone else. He stood alone with his arms crossed looking pissed. I was dancing with my gay friend and he started getting pissed b/c I "wasn't paying enough attention to him." Now we get in an argument when we talk about it b/c he jealous that i was "all over Steve"(gay friend). Is this normal behavior for this type situation or is he over reacting, I think he is. He says it's just weird for him. What's up with this, please help!!!

------------------
*~*SeRaPh393*~*

Posts: 12 | From: Spartanburg, SC, United States | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
starlet
Activist
Member # 20305

Icon 1 posted      Profile for starlet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is he normally a jealous person? Cause if so, then his behavior is perfectly normal. Is he upset about something else? Was he in a bad mood that day?

------------------
.:*starlet

Posts: 131 | From: VA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smilee_kylie
Activist
Member # 20046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smilee_kylie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Its very easy for some guys to get jealous when their girlfriend is paying more attention to another guy, even if they are gay! Is he the sort of guy who needs attention? I know that sometimes I get jealous of my boyfriend hanging out with his friends sometimes because I like the attention. Then I realise how selfish I am being, but thats only because I love him so much that I get desperate for spending as much time with him as I can. Maybe this is just like your man. Talk it over with him, get him to speak to you about it and work through it. That's the best thing to do.
Posts: 58 | From: Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
emma bee
Neophyte
Member # 18359

Icon 1 posted      Profile for emma bee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
wow, a similar thing happened to me. i invited my boyfriend and my gay friend and a bunch of other people over to my house. my gay friend is very touchy feely and he kept tickling me and we danced a little too, but it was obviously in a non-sexual, purely friends way. anyway, my boyfriend got extremely upset and told me how he felt, and at first i was like "WHY DO YOU CARE?! he's GAY!" but i think it was just the fact that i wasnt paying enough attention to him, and making him feel a little uncomfrotable by touching another guy, even if he is gay.
Posts: 4 | From: mass | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Felinelover
Neophyte
Member # 20977

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Felinelover     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I doubt that it's a macho-based scenario;
Maybe your boyfriend didn't really like the gay bar but just saying he did because he didn't want to disappoint you and your friends.

The fact that he was upset about you not giving him enough attention might have to do with him being one of the few heterosexual guys in that place and he didn't feel free enough to talk to other guys.

If you really wanna know what's on his mind I suggest you just ask him.

Talking is the best solution to any mix-ups in a relationship.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.