Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » The Case of The Ex and The New Guy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Case of The Ex and The New Guy
sexieladieo6
Neophyte
Member # 19758

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sexieladieo6     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am recently getting over my exboyfriend who a month ago didn't get back with me because I hooked up with his best friend but me and my ex weren't going out so it was not cheating but it was a huge mistake. So, shortly after my 19 year old ex starts going out with a 14 year old but I'm slowly recovering. Now I like this really attractive guy who is a grade below me (he's a sophomore). He's not childish adorable but just Hot. He is also very sweet and sometimes he seems into me but maybe he is just nice to all girls like that? I don't know. What could I say or do to know if I have a chance? or if maybe he likes me...do I ask straight out? My second question is if this is pathetic since he is a year younger than me...and my last question is it pathetic that at 16 you're still a virgin?
Posts: 1 | From: atlanta, Georgia, United States | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glam
Activist
Member # 14117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
and my last question is it pathetic that at 16 you're still a virgin?

Not at all. Lots of people are "virgins" (I'm assuming you mean in the sense that they haven't had intercourse yet) at 16, 18, 22 and later...and it just means that they haven't found the person that they want to do that with yet, or they don't feel ready or just plain don't want to for any number of other reasons.

(edited because spelling and grammar are my friend!)

[This message has been edited by Glam (edited 09-02-2004).]

Posts: 59 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Londongirl
Activist
Member # 18235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Londongirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
......and I don't think it's "pathetic" to be a virgin, in any sense of the word, at any age. It isn't a hoop that you have to jump through at some specific time, or indeed ever if you don't want to.

Personally I have respect for people who haven't given in to social pressure to be sexually active.

------------------
Londongirl
Mature Student in Psychology(About to graduate - what do I do now??) Read about me here

Posts: 352 | From: UK | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GlassTears
Neophyte
Member # 18959

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GlassTears     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No its not pathetic that he is a year younger than you.

You could ask him if he likes you if you feel comfortable doing that but if you don't you could always just drop hints to him that you like him.

Good Luck!

Posts: 39 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Juiovhk
Neophyte
Member # 19101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Juiovhk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When I was 16 I guess I kind of wanted to try intercourse. See what it was all about. Everybody was talking about it. But I didn't want to just try. I know now that I wasn't really ready then. So I waited. I think that is good. Didn't try until I was 28 after I met a woman that was and is very special to me. Maybe a bit strange or different but I don't feel it is pathetic. I feel quite happy that I didn't try before her. The prospect that I could be with her long time, never try with anyone else. Have only had good experiences.

She is Chinese. At least for her generation it was normal to not start dating until you were around 25 or older.

Could sound like you are 16 and he was 3 years older. Why would 1 year younger be a problem for you then?

Posts: 10 | From: Denmark | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fox Lover
Neophyte
Member # 19555

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fox Lover     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No it's not pathetic at all to be 16 and still a virgin. ACtually, it's quite remarkable these days lol. Sadly but truely. (Even though I am not a virgin I believe I did it with the right person. That is whut alot of teenagers are missing when they have sex.)
But anyway, bite the bullet with this new guy. It would kinda suck to not really like him though since you are getting over an ex he may just be a rebound. (hopefully not.) But when you think about it, every first guy you date after a breakup will be a 'rebound'. Sortof.. But yah. If you like this guy and you think there could possibly be something there then why not just go for it? Talk to him online, that's a good starter. You can talk for hours on end without worrying about what kind of face you're making or what you're wearing or anything. You can take the time you need to say the right things and everything.

Posts: 25 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Fox Lover:
No it's not pathetic at all to be 16 and still a virgin. ACtually, it's quite remarkable these days lol. Sadly but truely.

Actually about 60% of high school sophomores haven't had sexual intercourse, according to SIECUS so it's neither remarkable nor pathetic. It's also not at all sad that teenagers are sexually active.

Please check your facts before posting and refrain from making value judgements.

Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.