Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » For The Ladies....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: For The Ladies....
miKeKaWkz8
Neophyte
Member # 17431

Icon 1 posted      Profile for miKeKaWkz8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know all girls are all different in a way or two, so I'll be happy to read your comments.

Sometimes, girls confuse me, you just don't know what they want most of the time. So what do you like in a guy to have fun (not in a sexual way, just to have fun and like that person for who they are) or gets you into him about his personality?

Posts: 5 | From: PA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A fondness for Nintendo and cheesy music. However, some guys might look for that in a boyfriend, and some girls might want that in a girlfriend, too. A better question would be 'What do you look for in a partner?'

------------------
Milke, with an L, Mrs BD to you, RATS, TMNTP, MF, CWCD, WAOTA

Everything's been sold to others' revolutions

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
colourmetwice
Neophyte
Member # 16568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for colourmetwice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Haha. So I just saw spoken word with a few weeks ago and he brought up something kinda funny. Girl is crying, and guys asks, "What's wrong, why are you crying?" The girls sobs, "I don't know, I'm just upset all the sudden, I don't why exactly, I just am." And of course the guy is like, "What do you mean you don't know why you're crying?" hehe-hey, we didn't design ourselves so ease a bit, eh?

But anyways
I like a lot of different guys.
I've gone out with "thin", "fat", "short", "tall", "ugly", "handsome", "shy", "outgoing", "computer geek", "football buff", "goth/punk", "Harvard 101".
There's so many things I like/don't like. But I must say, this is all my personal preference and every gal has it, just like you have yours.
Let's see: someone who listens and talks and doesn't mind silence, someone who will treat me with respect but not put me on a pedestal (meaning if you pay for dinner this time, let me pay next time), someone who will not let themselves be taken advantage of (girls are always hinting at this and that-listen, and take notes, but don't always fold), someone I can relax with, feel comfortable with, have fun with. Fun can be a trip to the playground reminiscing on the swings exchanging stories (good way to get to know eachother), wrestling (non-sexually and non-suggestively), tickling, thinking about outrageous things you've done/want to do/would never do. I dunno, lots of stuff. Movies and mall get really boring after awhile. Movies there is no stimulation for the relationship-no talking, no activity, etc. Mall, eh, better than movies, but still kinda dull. Then again, mall can be a great place for the first few dates to get comfy with eachother. But if you're friends turned romantic, you have so many other options out there-reach!
Oooo-laser tag! And sometimes video games against eachother can be fun too.

Personally, my biggest thing is someone who has their own life and can live without me. As flattering as it is, it is extremely unhealthy for them and stressful for me to have a situation like that. I feel as though you cannot truly love me until you've got your sh*t in order, and if all is in order, you shouldn't depend on me for happiness or a social life or a sex life or any of those sorts of things. Yes, we all hurt after breakups, but I don't want to be told "I'll be lost forever, I can't live without you". It used to be nice because I didn't really think about what tht meant until I tried to break up with them and they turned psycho on me. At age 19 (20 in May) I want reality. I want you to tell me that if I left you would hurt a lot, but you're sure that after awhile you could pick up the pieces and be okay. I want you to have a life so I can have a life.

Sigh. I'm sorry. I'm not sure how old you are though, but if you're younger, look for that last part in the future. Women now are a bit more independent it seems so don't be surprised if you're sometimes seen as "too nice". The older I get, the more I want a nice equal, balanced relationship, where I don't feel smothered by my partner doing something nice for me ALL the time.

Hope this helped at least a little bit.

------------------
She is intolerable, but that is her only fault.
-Talleyrand

Posts: 35 | From: Oak Harbor, WA, USA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elly
Activist
Member # 13695

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's going to sound like the cheesiest thing of all but someone who is just themself and doesn't put any social masks on is very attractive to me. That and an enigmatic personnality, twinkle in the eye usually does it for me But for each and every other person on the planet it's probably different so it really is a personal preference.

[This message has been edited by Elly (edited 03-30-2004).]

Posts: 60 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I also want someone who has their own life. It's important for someone to have a life of their own outside of their marriage or relationship. It's sweet to be wanted; it's scary to be needed.

I want a guy with ambition who doesn't give up easily; someone who is hardworking. I hate when people put themselves down - confidence is key.

Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
don't we have a "what do you look for in a partner" thread floating around somewhere? a thousand imaginary points to whoever fishes it up ia search. an extra thousand if it's good (can you tell who's been watching 'Whose Line is it Anyway?')

anyway, i'll bite. i gotta be with a smart guy, 'cause if i'm not, he'll not understand what i'm talking about. I also have no patience for stupid people, so if i think he's dumb, i'm gonna get annoyed really fast.

i have a really off-kilter, often childish sense of humor, so if he can spot my obscure pop-culture references or wants to take me to Disneyland, we're going to get along REALLY well.

------------------
SPAM: Spare Parts of Assorted Mammals

Love Scarleteen? By donating just $1, you can help keep us around.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.