Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Boyfriend's Confusion = Sadness

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Boyfriend's Confusion = Sadness
CMTFlovesHAH
Activist
Member # 12774

Icon 9 posted      Profile for CMTFlovesHAH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My boyfriend of a little over 16 months just broke up with me five days ago. Everything was going wonderfully until about 2 weeks ago. We loved each other, we had fun, and it was just great.

He is going to college in August and he'll be about 300 miles away from me. He also is going to go into the military and become a Marine. Something he has wanted to do since he was in middle school.

I am the kind of person that needs someone around and likes things to go the way I want. I know I am a strong person but I don't put on a face like that. He, as well as his meddling friends, and coworkers have made him confused and he is dead set, right now that I am not strong and the life he is going to have would basically kill me.

I think he is acting this way -- believe it or not -- to spare my feelings. He has decided in his mind already that I am not the type who is strong enough to wait -- so he'd rather hurt me now then later.

But I know I am strong. I have tried telling him that but, he is being stubborn and I guess he doesn't beileve me. He is not acting like he used to. He is basically giving me the cold shoulder, except he says I can call him if I need to.

I hurting so badly but I hope if I give him the space to change he will -- I have seen good things in him, he (well as I) are just young and is acting like any other young man who is in love but confused.

I know everyone is saying to me to forget him and find another. I swear I Love him and he is the one I want to be with. He has said time and time again to me that he Loves me and he wants to be with me forever. I guess now that time is getting closer and closer for him to leave it made him scared and confused so he broke up with me.

Please help me. I feel so alone and sad.

Posts: 76 | From: NC, USA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CMTFlovesHAH
Activist
Member # 12774

Icon 9 posted      Profile for CMTFlovesHAH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please help me!
Posts: 76 | From: NC, USA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
babydoll86
Activist
Member # 16551

Icon 1 posted      Profile for babydoll86     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ask him why he is doin that. chances are, he is becuase of the fact he doesn't wanna wait until august and then break up with you, maybe he wants to give you some time to "get used to it without him" so that it wouldn't be such a shock when he goes away to college and you two are still together and don't get to see eachother as often as u used to. just, tell him how u feel and **remember** if it is meant to be between u 2 it will happen!!** good luck
Posts: 131 | From: IL., US | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CMTFlovesHAH
Activist
Member # 12774

Icon 12 posted      Profile for CMTFlovesHAH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank You! Any one else? Please...

[This message has been edited by CMTFlovesHAH (edited 03-25-2004).]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.