Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » i am having a hard time talking to my boyfriend

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: i am having a hard time talking to my boyfriend
takelifeslowgurl2004
Neophyte
Member # 16900

Icon 9 posted      Profile for takelifeslowgurl2004     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
me and my boyfrind know eachother for a long time and just started dating about 4 mos ago. I am having a hard time getting this out. We have not Kissed yet too and that is one of the things that i have been waiting for. I need help. can you help me

------------------
take life slow babygurl
Jayna

[This message has been edited by takelifeslowgurl2004 (edited 02-22-2004).]

Posts: 1 | From: Lynn, MA, 01902 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anita18
Activist
Member # 15951

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anita18     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, is that because you're nervous or he's nervous? Or, maybe you're both nervous - that happens too. If something inside of you is saying that kissing doesn't feel right, listen to it and keep waiting. If you're just nervous about what he'll think of it, just try it one day and see what happens. I stressed over my first kiss with my bf for about a month before it actually happened, but one day I just decided I wouldn't turn my head when he usually kissed me on the cheek. We had been dating for 3 months then, and had been apart for almost half that time. So, it's okay to wait, really. If you want to talk to him about it, you should, since communication is key in any step of the relationship. Good luck!
Posts: 218 | From: CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strawberry134
Neophyte
Member # 16994

Icon 7 posted      Profile for strawberry134     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i agree with Anita that you should talk to him about why it hasn't happened. Maybe he thinks you don't want to. you could also make the 1st move.. there is nothing wrong w/ the girl moving in 1st.

Posts: 4 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nico
Neophyte
Member # 16412

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nico     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know exactly what you mean. With one of my first boyfriends, we went out for about 4 months before we kissed. I made the first move, finally because he was too shy. IWe were walking along the tracks and I just stopped and looked at him and said "Mark, can I kiss you?" he looked bewildered, then shyly smiled,then nodded slightly. So you can turn it into something totally sweet, just by asking him. That's really all it takes, maybe he's just too shy or scared of making the first move.
Posts: 22 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.