Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » kissing for the first time

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: kissing for the first time
heenz
Neophyte
Member # 16798

Icon 7 posted      Profile for heenz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
what dya do exactly? I've never kissed someone before and how do you snog some one? what do you do? confused!!!!
Posts: 1 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Having been in your shoes it seems FOREVER, I think I can relate to you pretty well so hopefully this will be of some comfort.

First of all, kissing comes very naturally. If not the first time, then by the second time you'll get the gist. It's kind of like dancing or hugging - you're never really taught how to do it, it's just kind of a reflex.

Really, try not to worry about it. We're not allowed to give "techniques" here on Scarleteen (how to do something a certain way, sexually). Just remember that everyone really does have their own "style" of kissing.

Interesting tidbit: I read that the average person spends approximately 2 weeks of their life kissing. Wish it were more?

[This message has been edited by Daydreamer24 (edited 02-17-2004).]

Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anita18
Activist
Member # 15951

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anita18     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I wouldn't recommend that you go right into making out when you first kiss. That takes much more practice and timing than you think.

Actually, it isn't as complicated as people make it out to be, so you shouldn't stress about it. I stressed about my possible first kiss for a month before it actually happened. It wasn't the greatest kiss in the world, but both of us were skipping on clouds afterwards, so I guess it wasn't half-bad. The key word is communication, verbal and nonverbal. I think the hardest part about kissing was not the kissing part, but the timing of it.

Posts: 218 | From: CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EversBoo15
Activist
Member # 15917

Icon 11 posted      Profile for EversBoo15     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well my first kiss just happened... They usually just happen. I don't think there like they are in those movies were they start kissing and french kissing for like 2 3 minutes.lol Its just really a peck(a short length lip kiss)

------------------

Puerto Rican O.o o.O always spaced out 0.o o.0 Puerto Rican Donde esta corazon??

Posts: 116 | From: Va,Usa | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
curemyheart
Activist
Member # 15977

Icon 14 posted      Profile for curemyheart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah yes, the greatness of kissing. My first kiss was with someone who had never kissed anyone before either, and it was some loooong kissing. It happened to fast though, but it did just happen, its not like you plan it or anything. Also, i found that you have to adjust to eachothers kissing sometimes. Because of course, people kiss different ways and it was hard for me to kiss someone who was trying to shove their tongue all around my mouth, and i had never kissed like that before, but anyway, the best thing is that its special, always :-p

Its easy

Posts: 90 | From: Under the California Sun | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.