Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » breaking rules

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: breaking rules
thegreenfairy
Neophyte
Member # 15975

Icon 5 posted      Profile for thegreenfairy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm entirely unexperienced; I've never even kissed a guy. I don't have a boyfriend but there is this guy at my boarding school that I really like. He likes me too. He's a great guy that I really want to, um, do stuff, with, but, there is a rule at our school that we can't have any exclusive/sexual relationships. So, my actual question is: Has anyone ever dated a person who they weren't supposed to? Because of age/race/religion/gender/approval issues? Like, sneaking around, was it worth it or not? Did it work out? If not, how come?
Posts: 3 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sweettweet22
Activist
Member # 15787

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sweettweet22     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I used to date this 18 year old, when I was only 14...no one knew I had a boyfriend, but my brother eventually found out and had a "talk" wit me- well...I dunno if that's wat your were asking, but ...also, "is it worth it"...if it's something you strongly believe (like if you strongly stand for your faith, then you would save sex 'til marriage)<--- jus an example- so I think that is an opinion...but for me, going out wit such an older guy, was NOT worth it because he was ready for things that I was jus learning about...well I hope that helped

------------------
I'm so confused- I scare myself~ "y do we luv the ppl that HATE us, and HATE the ppl that luv us?"

Posts: 99 | From: FL | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
duelist
Neophyte
Member # 14471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for duelist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I dated a girl for a while (I'm a girl too). There was a lot of sneaking around, which made it fun, but also extremely nerve-wracking. Like we'd be kissing and I'd pull away at the slightest sound, like someone would be coming. It can be frustrating sometimes, trying so hard not to get caught. I also had to hide a bunch of stuff -- letters, diaries, certain gifts. I'd go out and be very nervous and paranoid that my mom would be snooping and find them. So, sneaking around really has its up sides and its down sides. It was worth for me since I really loved her though.

Good luck!

- Duelist

Posts: 37 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
missempathy
Neophyte
Member # 16001

Icon 1 posted      Profile for missempathy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Well, I have a boyfriend, but my parents don't know how far I've gone with him. The sneaking around is kind of fun, he came over once without my parents knowing, I snuck over to his house, etc. We haven't gotten caught yet, but it's annoying (hiding hickeys, hiding the box of condoms, making excuses for coming home late after school) in some ways. I guess it depends on how you handle situations like that. If you can keep it between the two of you, I think it's good. Is it worth it? Yes, I think the sneaking around I'm doing is worth it, I love being with him.

------------------
My hopes are so high, that your kiss might kill me.
So won't you kill me?
So I'd die happy.
My heart is yours to fill or burst.
To break or bury, or wear as jewelry.
Whichever you prefer.
[hands down . dashboard confessional]

Posts: 13 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celery
Activist
Member # 5594

Icon 1 posted      Profile for celery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've done sneaking around before from my parents (had a boyfriend that was 17 when i was 14) that they really didn't approve of, so I just snuck around and said that I wasn't going out with him.

I thought it was worth it at the time, but my life wasn't as great because I had to hide it and stuff. He couldn't even call or come over since my parents thought I broke up with him. It made my life not as easy having to lie and got me into alot of trouble. So if you're willing to put up with consequences it's your own choice if you think the guy is worth it.

Posts: 1000 | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.