Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » i am so confused!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: i am so confused!
bi-bi-baby
Neophyte
Member # 16021

Icon 5 posted      Profile for bi-bi-baby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok heres the deal. my friend (who is a girl) said after she broke up with her bf she would go out with me. so when they broke up we had fooled around a few times. and she said she loved me. and we were very close to becomeing gf-gf and now all of a sudden she has a bf! and is in love with him. and says she is straight now. but then when he isn't there she makes moves on me. and i have no idea what to do. i know i shouldn't because she has a bf. but then she dose certain things that make it seem ok. what should i do????

------------------
"a sex symbol becomes a thing, i just hate being a thing. But if i'm going to be a symbol of something, i'd rather it sex than some of the other things we've got symbols of."- marilyn monroe

Posts: 2 | From: el paso tx | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 3 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by bi-bi-baby:
my friend (who is a girl) said after she broke up with her bf she would go out with me.

Anyone who would make this sort of claim is pretty untrustworthy from the start, wouldn't you agree?

I mean, let's see here...she's going out with someone while she's making plans to go out with you? It certainly doesn't seem right to me, and the thought that she'd probably end up doing the same thing to you later on should have crossed your mind at some point.

That said, I'm not really surprised that things fell through. Untrustworthy people do things like that. They tell you one thing, do another, and then make it all seem alright so they can do it to you again. This is the hallmark of an untrustworthy person. This is a person you should avoid.

You're dead-on that messing around with her while she's committed (and apparently in love with) someone else is a bad idea. You're opening yourself up for all sorts of drama while also helping her to undermine her own relationship. It's just no good, darlin'. You can do better than that, and you certainly deserve better too.

If I were you, I'd drop this girl and move on along. There are plenty of trustworthy people out there who would be fun to hang out with, and whom you might even find something else with. Every time you go back to this girl, you are losing precious time that you could be spending on finding someone better, aside from doing all the bad stuff we discussed in the previous paragraph. Leave her to her boyfriend and find someone else. And take care of yourself.

------------------
BruinDan, "Number Three," PHOM

¡Siendo padrote no es cil!

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.