Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » how much does age matter??? clear conscience

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: how much does age matter??? clear conscience
flashme18
Neophyte
Member # 15943

Icon 1 posted      Profile for flashme18     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i recently starting talking to a girl online through one of these dating websites...we chatted for a bit on and off and through our conversations she told me that she was 17 and a senior in high school...i never really thought bout meeting up with her til she starting flirting with me big time online...we finally met up last week after talkin on the phone a few times and we watched a movie and kissed a little..we met up again this week and did the same..but this time we kissed a lot and felt each other up a bit but kept our clothes on and it was gettin late so i had to leave...here is the kicker...im 9 years older than her..she doesnt turn 18 til february...i think im starting to have feelings for her..i want to see her more..i havent told my friends about this..and i feel like im sneaking around....am i desperate or something? is this morally wrong? im older than her but she is very mature for her age and im immature..so mentally we click lol...what do u guys think? thanks
Posts: 26 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KCallahan
Activist
Member # 15888

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KCallahan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
NINE years? That makes you, what 26? Uhm... Hmm. I don't know. In the state of Texas that's not illegal; 17 is age of consent. However, she's a senior in High School and you're well out of college...

Uhm. I'm not really an opponent of age differences, especially as people get older... I wouldn't do this, but that's me. One thing I would ask is why are you being so secretive? Relationships should never seem "wrong" or be "hidden" unless something unsavory is going on. If you feel you need to be hiding this, then you DO have a problem with it, inside, even if you really care about this girl...

Tread carefully. That's my advice.

Posts: 50 | From: Austin, TX, USA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
flashme18
Neophyte
Member # 15943

Icon 1 posted      Profile for flashme18     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
age of consent is 16 in my state so thats not a problem...if i really fall for this girl i wouldnt hide it..im more worried bout what our families would think..my sister will definitely hit me hard lol
Posts: 26 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.