Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Nude Modelling

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Nude Modelling
Santianna
Neophyte
Member # 14818

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Santianna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't know where this should go, so I thought this forum was the most appropriate.

Has anyone here done it before?

My agent got me a trick with someone I don't know. He doesn't want to be involved because this guy who's gonna pay me (ralph) is an aqquaintence -as opposed to a professional collegue- I'm not going to be pressured into it of course, but it's alot of money ($1000 for about 3 hours) And well, of course I'll see if I feel comfortable when I meet his guys and all...

But I've never done this before, And I was wondering it there should be anything in particular I must make sure of...

Posts: 37 | From: Singapore | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nowhere on these boards would be an appropriate place to enquire about business practices, or illegal acts ('trick' tends to refer to prostitution, which is simply something we can't discuss in this sense here). I suggest you look for a site that caters more specifically to your needs.

------------------
Milke, with an L, Mrs BD to you, RATS, TMNTP, MF, CWCD, WAOTA

. . .Fearing not that I'd become my enemy
In the instant that I preach

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been having serious computer troubles for the past week and some, but wanted to poke in here with a couple of things.

1. I don't know about the exchange in terms of the dollar in the US vs. Singapore, but what I do know is that a thousand dollars for a single session of simple nudes with a first-time model is completely unheard of. In other words, if everyone is telling the truth here about that sum (including you), you're either being played or you're about to get pulled into something that is NOT simple nude modeling.

2. As I understand it, given your age, it is likely NOT legal for you to be doing nude modeling anyhow.

3. Should it BE legal and legit, you should not be walking right into a session with a photog and "his guys." You should be having a consultation first, looking over the photographers portfolio, the works. Not doing that is patently unsafe and foolhardy.

4. As has been said in other similar posts before, doing ANY kind of sex work or work which can be perceived as such does often close off certain avenues and vocations for those who engage in it. It's smart to understand that anything like that we do is something that we are aware can be discovered at any point in our lives by anyone: bosses, family, the works. And often, that isn't a tiny thing. I know just by virtue of my having worked in sex ed, sex writing and nude photography there are an ungodly number of jobs I cannot ever be fairly considered for again. Just think about it.

Lastly, Santianna, I don't know any way to say this without sounding patronizing, so I'm just going to come out with it. During your posting history here, the vast majority of your posts have to do with you purportedly taking very high sexual risks, and/or seeming to use various kinds of sexual behaviour to impress yourself or others, or possibly to feel more adult. Now, I'm not about to place judgement on that.

But I'd suggest taking the time to evaluate that for yourself, look at your own motivations for same and recognize that some of those risks can seriously endanger your well-being, your phyiscal or emotional safety. And it's safe to say that anyone, well, simply getting off on sexual risks or the idea of same, is someone who isn't in a good position to be considering any sort of sex work, even the legal kind.

Like I said, I know that may sound patronizing. But trust that it's said out of concern and coming from how things look from this side of the fence.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.