Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » should i or should i not?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: should i or should i not?
neveragain
Neophyte
Member # 12107

Icon 1 posted      Profile for neveragain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
so my boyfriend is this really nice guy..and i am not doubting the fact that he doesnt love me anymore..however, we have had exam week the past week and havent managed to do anything..except we walked around school for an hour..holding hands and hugging and everything..and as of tuesday we will have holidays..monday is our last exam day..and he asked me last week whether i wanted to do something with him on either monday or tuesday and i said ok..and yesterday i asked him, "so whats happening on monday" and he said, "lets just walk around school again in between the exams" and that pissed me off..because i thought we were going to do something after school...then i asked him you know why not were going to do something after school and he said that he cant because his friends want him to do something with them....!
and since then he hasn't had any contact..his cell phone is kind of crap so it could be that it's broken again..because it always is..or something..and he hasn't been online either..so i am beginning to worry.......should i dump him? is he worthwile to have??
many people are telling me long time now that i am too good for him...but i dont believe in them..i just feel bad when they say it because i really like him..what should i do???

Posts: 32 | From: Hamburg, Germany | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i'll send this to Relationships so you can get lots of people's replies to your question.

------------------
It ain't the holidays till I see a Salad Shooter commercial.
Love Scarleteen? By donating just $1, you can help keep us around.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
neveragain
Neophyte
Member # 12107

Icon 1 posted      Profile for neveragain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanks..
so anyone..any advice what i should do?!?!

Posts: 32 | From: Hamburg, Germany | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's 12:30 AM Pacific time, which means it's even later for a lot of folks who frequent these boards, so please be patient.

If this one incident is enough to make you want to leave someone, I'd wonder what else is going on in this relationships that you haven't mentioned. Generally, if things are going well, and there's more to what you two have together than just being in the same place at the same time, something like this wouldn't seem like that big a deal. But if it's bothering you so much, perhaps it's not the only area that needs help? I'd try calling this guy's landline and asking what the deal is.

------------------
Milke, with an L, Mrs BD to you, RATS, TMNTP, MF, CWCD, WAOTA

. . .Fearing not that I'd become my enemy
In the instant that I preach

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
neveragain
Neophyte
Member # 12107

its just im really emotional..and i have a hard time gathering my feelings..and i ALWAYS keep thinking if he still likes me or not...and i worry too much about it..even though i dont think i should..and that maybe affects it...i dunno..
celery
Activist
Member # 5594

Icon 1 posted      Profile for celery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well I think it might be something to regret if you really like this guy and break up with him because he wanted to hang out with his friends instead of you for one day.

I know it's hard to spend time apart from your boyfriend but you have to have time apart because honestly if I was with someone and they were constantly around me I think I would go nuts! My friend is a perfect example her boyfriend goes CRAZY if they don't spend like everyday all day together and it drives her crazy, so maybe you should just let him go with his friends sometimes,

My advice would be to go out with your friends and try not to think about him all the time. Or take up something fun so that it's not so bad when you two aren't together.

If you really like him I don't think you should dump him, but it's really up to you.

Posts: 1000 | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
babyblondie
Neophyte
Member # 15927

Icon 1 posted      Profile for babyblondie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanks..hehe..ok im the same person..just changed username..
well he is going to canada for 2 weeks over the christmas break now so i wont see him..
=( but its ok..because i know he loves me so im all good!
thanks!

Posts: 5 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know, the reason you don't tend to see people changing names around here is because it's explicitly forbidden in the guidelines you agreed to when you signed up here. Since you've already broken them, you need to choose one name, inform us of which it is, and stick with it. If you're found posting under multiple user names, you will no longer be able to use these boards. If you've any issues with this, or are having technical difficulties with this site, please contact us at boards@scarleteen.com

------------------
Milke, with an L, Mrs BD to you, RATS, TMNTP, MF, CWCD, WAOTA

. . .Fearing not that I'd become my enemy
In the instant that I preach

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
babyblondie
Neophyte
Member # 15927

Icon 1 posted      Profile for babyblondie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
what the hell.....
Posts: 5 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think Milke's post made things perfectly clear. You get one username and only one, as stipulated in the guidelines you agreed to when you registered. Please inform us which one you'll be using from this point.

If there's something you're not understanding please ask instead of making pointless one liners.

------------------
"Don't you know about the new fashion, honey? All you need are looks and a whole lot of money." -- Billy Joel, "It's Still Rock and Roll to Me"

Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
babyblondie
Neophyte
Member # 15927

well...i couldnt post anything on the other one..so i had to make a new one..is that so hard?!
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The problem is you are violating the guidelines and being rather rude when we remind you of them. If you had a problem with your original username it likely could have been solved by emailing boards@scarleteen.com or one of the mods.

We understand that sometimes things just don't work but that doesn't make it okay to be snippy. Had you been polite and followed Milke's original request to simply inform us of your permanent username we'd be done discussing this.

I'm going to assume babyblondie is the username you'll be using from now on; please correct me if I'm wrong. Also, you need to reread the Guidelines and our thread on Board Etiquette.

------------------
"Don't you know about the new fashion, honey? All you need are looks and a whole lot of money." -- Billy Joel, "It's Still Rock and Roll to Me"

Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
babyblondie
Neophyte
Member # 15927

ok.............

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.