Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » weird question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: weird question
MCJoel
Activist
Member # 15538

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MCJoel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As I said before, I'm a 19 yeard old virgin and now, thanks to all the replies, have cleared some of the doubts I had and feel ok about it. But, one thing which troubles me is this; let's suppose I meet a really great girl and lets suppose that the relationship eventually leads to sex. What if the girl is much more experienced than me? Will she want me less? Will she dislike the fact that i'm not as experienced, that maybe she will never have with me what she had with past people?
I guess this question simply reflects insecurity on my part, but how can i meet someone else's standards, bearing in mind I haven't really been up to anything?
The fact that a girl has more experience than me doesn't trouble me. What worries me is that i'll never be up to her standards, will never be what she wants and, deep inside, she will always remember her past and want it back in a way. I hope you understand what I mean. Any comments would be great, thanks

Posts: 83 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wobblyheadedjane
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 11569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wobblyheadedjane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's a thing about past experiences; the experience gained really only applies to that person you were with, not to any new partners a man or woman might have.

Really, sexual activity, whether it's the first or twenty-first time you're having it, is a learning experience. Any partner worth their salt is going to want to grow in experience with you, and teach about what THEY (as in that one person) likes. Any previous experience may have a general bearing (for example, safer sex practices, etc.) but anything specific, as we're fond of saying around here, applies to each person individually.

Again, any partner worth being with is going to acknowledge that this is a new experience for the both of you, and I think in that regard, you'll be just fine.

Posts: 1679 | From: London, ON | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.